Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Tahoe Trailer light connection

echols29
03-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I have a problem with the trailer light connection on my Tahoe. The connection(6 prong) is not reliable--sometimes it works perfect but most of the time it does nor. I get no turn signal, no brake lights, left turn sinal dead but roght works, etc. I thought ot might be a trailer issue but hooked the same trailer with same 6 prong connector to my brother in law's Suburban and everything worked perfect. Dealer says they find no problem. Also, about 9 times out of 10 when I turn on my fog lights, my rear wiper arm "jumps"--also dealer says "cannot replicate problem". Suggestions???

amac209
03-22-2004, 01:51 AM
did you check the wires?? i've seen some that are pretty beat up. it might just be the connector, unplug it and check all the connections where the harness plugs into the connector with a test light. i assume you checked the fuses there are seperate ones for the trailer wiring.

aero246
03-22-2004, 06:58 AM
States "Also, about 9 times out of 10 when I turn on my fog lights, my rear wiper arm "jumps"--also dealer says "cannot replicate problem". Suggestions???"
I have a 2003 Z71 Tahoe that the rear wiper jumps when turing on my driving lights, it only happens occasionally, about 1 in 10 times. Have not had the dealer look @ it though. Just thought you should know you are not the only one with that problem. I wouldn't even have an idea where to begin to look to find that problem.

ultraviolet
04-01-2004, 04:49 PM
!!! I'm *so* glad to read about the driving light/wiper issue. Since a few months after I bought my 2002 Tahoe, I'd noticed on cooler nights when turning my driving lights on within 5 minutes of starting the car, a clunk came from the back. Still haven't had someone stand out there to see what it was, as I assumed it was something inside.

It seems to only happen when the outside temperature is between around 40-60 F, although it could just be my driving habits.

Add your comment to this topic!