Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hot Import Nights, Jan 26th - Planning & Roll call

Kaneto
01-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Well, HIN at the Del Mar Fairgrounds is coming up on Saturday the 26th. So, it's time to plan our (annual?) meet.

Last year we wanted to have a cookout at Mission Bay, but the weather killed that plan. We could try again this year, or maybe try something different. Suggestions are welcome.

Also, since we're a part of AF now, it'd be nice to get some people from the other forums. There's already a post relating to it in the street racing forum. Pretty much anyone is welcome to show up. Just no import v. domestic arguments or anything. We're all car enthusiasts.

Anyway, tentative plans at this point... meet up at North County Fair mall, like last year, around noon on Saturday, January 26th.

Now for roll call....

1. Kaneto
12b. Drocca91??? :D

SpoilerV2
01-06-2002, 11:37 PM
I got work till 4.30 so hit me up as 12.c

1.Kaneto
12.b drocca
12.c SpoilerV2

SilverY2KCivic
01-07-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SpoilerV2
I got work till 4.30 so hit me up as 12.c

1.Kaneto
12.b drocca
12.c SpoilerV2

Ehh, count me in fo sho!!!! :D

1. Kaneto
2. SilverY2KCivic (maybe Lisa... :bloated:)
3. ???
4. ???
12.b drocca91
12.c SpoilerV2

EliteAccordPH
01-07-2002, 02:46 PM
I'll have to see if anything is going to come up on that date if not I can probably make it. Is people from So Cal going to do a pre meet and cruise down together?:confused:

legacyciv
01-07-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by EliteAccordPH
I'll have to see if anything is going to come up on that date if not I can probably make it. Is people from So Cal going to do a pre meet and cruise down together?:confused:

Last year we met up in Irvine and caravanned down together. Don't see why we can't do it again :D I'll give the ninefiveDX the info.

1. Kaneto
2. SilverY2KCivic (maybe Lisa... :bloated
3. ???
4. legacyciv (Brian)
12.b drocca91 (drocca)
12.c SpoilerV2

EliteAccordPH
01-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by legacyciv

Last year we met up in Irvine and caravanned down together. Don't see why we can't do it again :D I'll give the ninefiveDX the info.

1. Kaneto
2. SilverY2KCivic (maybe Lisa... :bloated
3. ???
4. legacyciv (Brian)
12.b drocca91 (drocca)
12.c SpoilerV2

Caravaned in one car? Or do you mean roll down together?:confused:

Kaneto
01-07-2002, 09:12 PM
I'm sure he means cruise down together with all the cars. That's what everyone did last year.

EliteAccordPH
01-07-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Kaneto
I'm sure he means cruise down together with all the cars. That's what everyone did last year.

Sounds :cool:

:D

spy54
01-09-2002, 02:38 AM
could you make thes meets any harder for me? i mean the first one my car was geting body work done now you plan one the weekend of exams and i am supposed to go out of town for a corronation ball arg i'll never end up going to a meet:mad:

hybridDC2
01-11-2002, 08:10 PM
see yall at the shizzo fo sheezy

SpoilerV2
01-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by hybridDC2
see yall at the shizzo fo sheezy

hmm..name eric??

welcome back

lol.. look i can edit other peoples post..:devil:

wow.. new mod powers:D :D :D

hybridDC2
01-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SpoilerV2

lol.. look i can edit other peoples post..:devil:

wow.. new mod powers:D :D :D

you punk! heheheh........hey did you catch me a few cars behind you on parkdale this afternoon? i dont know if you saw me or not.

SpoilerV2
01-11-2002, 11:01 PM
I thought that was you.. but iwas going up the hill when I noticed u.

Kaneto
01-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Well, there's a good chance I might not make this one. That's going to be the weekend my brother graduates from basic, so I might be in San Antonio that day. We'll see.... depends on if I can get the time off, and if I can afford the trip.

SilverY2KCivic
01-13-2002, 07:55 PM
If anyone needs, I have a bunch of fliers for HIN, complete with the $3 discount for filling them out, on them. That's a good deal, considering the price at the door is $25! :eek:

Kaneto
01-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Ok, I'm definitely going to be at this meet. Can't get the time off work to go to san antonio... I need to save money for the car anyway.

So it's...

1. Kaneto
2. SilverY2KCivic (maybe Lisa...)
3. EliteAccordPH??
4. legacyciv (Brian)
5. hybridDC2
12.b drocca91 (drocca)
12.c SpoilerV2

Anyone else?

legacyciv
01-21-2002, 02:37 AM
Posting for nine five.

1. Kaneto
3. EliteAccordPH??
4. legacyciv (Brian)
5. hybridDC2
6. Jaron95psy (maybe Patty???)
12.b drocca91 (drocca)
12.c SpoilerV2

Drocca91
01-21-2002, 11:15 PM
1. Kaneto
3. EliteAccordPH??
4. legacyciv (Brian)
5. hybridDC2
6. Jaron95psy (maybe Patty???)
12.c SpoilerV2

i didnt officially said i was going and btw im not.

Kaneto
01-22-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Drocca91

i didnt officially said i was going and btw im not.

That's cool. You're just always the official holder of spot 12b, whether you're there or not. :D

pellet31
01-22-2002, 03:18 AM
Hey I have to come all the way from Barstow (@ 3hrs north) and was wondering if any of you guys new a decent yet cheap place to stay?

Kaneto
01-22-2002, 12:03 PM
How cheap do you want to go? I'm sure I can find a couple suggestions for you. Just give me a price range.

pellet31
01-22-2002, 11:52 PM
Well now it looks like these bastards are gonna make me work but thanks anyway.:( :(

Kaneto
01-23-2002, 12:21 PM
Alright, here's the info.

We're basically going to do the same thing we did last year (hopefully with better weather). Meet will be at the North County Fair shopping mall at 1:00 pm.

The mall is right off the I-15 on Via Rancho Pkwy.

If you're coming down the 15, just get off on Via Rancho Pkwy. Head east over the freeway and the mall will be right on your left.

If you're coming down the 5, take the 78 East at Oceanside. That will take you to the 15 South. Then just follow the directions above.

We'll be meeting in the parking section outside of Sears, on the West end of the mall.

We'll probably get lunch at the mall, and then roll out to Family Fun Center for a few hours. Then we'll roll to HIN.

If anyone needs/wants it, just email/PM/IM me for my cell number.

SilverY2KCivic
01-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Ack!

Ok, Shaun, what time are we looking at to meet up, and where (per each leg of the meet)? I'm occupied with my marching drumline gig at school from 9-12 that day, so I need to know what time all is happening at. I'm pretty broke, so as of right now, it looks as though I may not be able to make to HIN itself (FUK!) but I am determined to make the trek to the meet part before hand. :bloated:

Kaneto
01-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Meet will be at the North County Fair shopping mall at 1:00 pm.

:p :D

I'm sure we'll be at NCF for a couple hours, waiting for stragglers and getting lunch and such. You should be able to find us there. Otherwise, just give me a call and I'll direct you to where ever we are.

hmm... think we could start a "Buy HIN tickets for sorry broke ppls fund?" Anyone want to make donations? :cool:

SilverY2KCivic
01-23-2002, 07:25 PM

:p :D

I'm sure we'll be at NCF for a couple hours, waiting for stragglers and getting lunch and such. You should be able to find us there. Otherwise, just give me a call and I'll direct you to where ever we are.

hmm... think we could start a "Buy HIN tickets for sorry broke ppls fund?" Anyone want to make donations? :cool:

haha, yeah, any "contrabuters" to this fund? ;)

hybridDC2
01-24-2002, 12:28 PM
i wont be seeing you guys at the meet, but i'll probably catch yall at the show.

Kaneto
01-25-2002, 03:18 AM
By the way, if anyone's interested... my friend and I are probably going to grab dinner and then go see Count of Monte-Cristo after the show. If anyone wants to hang in SD and see the movie they're welcome to join us. And if anyone needs to stay overnight I'm sure I could make room at my place.

SilverY2KCivic
01-26-2002, 10:55 AM
EMERGENCY UPDATE:

Ok, my participation today is very sketchy right now. If I do show up, it'll be ONLY to the meet part like mentioned before, and I'd be showing up with a female friend (not Lisa though). ;)

Jaron's motor died yesterday, conveniently in front of the dealership he got his original white hatchback from, so he won't be in attendance today either (I passed him the info on this page and he was gonna roll to meet up with everyone). Basically his head gasket blew causing a chain of unfortunate events that put his motor out of commision. He has a B16a2 on tap wiating I think..

Legacycivic (Brian) has some sudden work issues that popped up today, so he won't be going either. :( Part od them going is why I may not be, but also I'm not sure how many exactly are going... =\ I don't mean to bail on you Shaun, so please no hard feelings. :(

Kaneto
01-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Looks like nobody showed up to the meet. I hung around the mall till 2:15 and didn't see anyone, so it's pretty much a bust. No biggie, shit happens.

If my hangover clears up I will still be rolling to the show tonight, so hopefully I'll see some people there.

Add your comment to this topic!