Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I'm looking for a car and need alot of help!!!

Greven636
03-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi... I'm your typical 16 year old... getting his license soon and looking for a car. Well i found one that i love.. but i'm having alot of trouble finding info about it. I know it's called a Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86. Now i do have a few questions:
A) What is it called in America?
B) Is it street legal in America?
C) What websites can show me where to buy one?
D) About how much does it go for (on average)?
E) What are the actual chances of finding one?
F) My father is extreamly adept at fixing just about anything... his own Lexus SC400 was actually 2 halves of different cars (same model) put together... by himself.. so he's quite capable... Where could i find this car?

Thank you!!!!!

Living5hrapn3l
07-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Good luck finding one man they are getting rarer by the second because they are all being used for drift projects also due to their cult status in Japan not many are being exported. But I agree with you its a cool car to get if you can find it. Good Luck

toyotamr2na
07-30-2004, 01:45 AM
hey man i am 16 also and the car is call in america a toyota corolla gts or sr5 but it is a corolla 1984-1988 i think it is street legal with a few mods if u want to try autotrader they are great all the time i have been looking at them they average at about 3500 in fair to good if u look hard enough and are not picky u can find them easy

thomas

racer_in_black
07-30-2004, 02:59 AM
1985-1987 are the years that are popular. pre 85 are still RWD but not fuel injected. Basically it's a 198_ Corolla GT-S or SR-5. They're going up in value due to high demand, if you're lucky you can find a project car for about 500. IF YOU'RE LUCKY. One in good running condition is going to go for about 2500+. I've heard they're more rare on the east coast than on the west coast but I don't know about that one. Like that guy said, autotrader is a pretty damn good place to find them, you can also try http://www.club4ag.com, local car sale mags. That website has lots of info on the Trueno. BTW, you don't need any mods for it to be street legal, it already is. I got mine from a guy that had 6 of them. 1 Daily driver and the others were all pretty much projects and that's what I wanted, a project. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!