Electric problem causing car to die while driving!

Guyver8
03-16-2004, 09:00 PM
My system has always dimmed my lights a little, but recently i got a 400 rms amp and 2 days ago i noticed the lights were intensely glowing. I also noticed my whole stereo (face display along with sound) would turn off (noticed twice 2 days ago but it went away). I was driving on the freeway with my system on when i noticed my speedometer needle go to 0 and back up, the sound flickered on and off as well as all the lights in the car. This happened a few times and then i turned off my woofer through my face and everything back to normal. At a light, i turned on the woofer and the car literally started dieing, the lights went off and barely came on, and my car started jerking like the brakes stopped working...now i am driving with the woofer off and i noticed the needle was trippin out again and the stereo turned on and off so now im driving with Everything off... I have a 92 civic with 400rms amp, pioneer deh-7600mp. Any ideas? Alternator? (btw car turns on perfectly and the battery is relatively new)

xproductionz
03-17-2004, 06:37 PM
sounds like by putting in something bigger than you had before the current power cables couldnt handle the extra power.. you might have as gone to a point where the + wire that comes from the battery might have heated up and melted away part of the wire and now is grounding itself on the body somewhere...try pulling the power wires and check every single inch of it... just sounds like a grounding problem.. let me know

Guyver8
03-17-2004, 08:47 PM
i have 10gauge cables, for both the battery and the ground =/

ive been meaning to upgrade to 2gauge , just havent had time, will check the power cable for sure and let you know

Add your comment to this topic!