Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300zx ecu = J30 ecu

300zfd
03-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi I have a 1990 300zx na atx and it was recently vandalized among other things the ecu was stolen. I bought a replacement from this guy off ebay and was told it was a 300zx ecu and that it worked in a 300zx same specs, after researching the codes off the ecu come to find out it is actually off of a j30 na atx. I asked around at the 300zx forum and all over the damn place, no one can answer the simple question of will this ecu actually work in my 300zx? It plugs in perfectly and powers up, but I can't tell if it works because my car cranks over but won't turn on, and it may be this or maybe another part I replace. I asked the guy he swears up and down it worked in the z, but I don't know if his information is valid, after all he made a mistake but the price for it was fair. I thought I would ask because there is plenty of people on this forum so I figured someone has to have tinkered around with something like this.

cleanj30
08-19-2004, 12:13 AM
the easiest way to solve this problem is to call a nissan or infiniti dealership and ask them if they can be swapped or compatible to run eachothers cars and they WILL KNOW before anyone else will. now i heard that you can swap the same year out for ecu from a 300zx to the j30 and it boost horsepower but i dont know about the other way around! post an answer when you find something out from the dealers so i will know! thanks and good luck

joecab
10-13-2004, 02:38 PM
i got the same info if you upgrade to the same year ecu from z to j you increase 32hp

Add your comment to this topic!