Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 LeSabre No Injector Signal to Cyl #1

HannabilRox
03-16-2004, 11:12 AM
I have the 3800 engine with 70,000 miles on it, and it has done this since I bought the car last July. It intermittently runs on 5 cylinders. It runs like that in idle, so I was able to troubleshoot with the car in drive and the emergency brake on. I removed each injector wire one by one until I found the cylinder that made no difference in RPM when removing a wire, which lo-and-behold, was cylinder #1. I connected a NOID to the injector wire and found that when I first start the car, I get the electronic signal to the injector for a few seconds, then it goes out. It will mysteriously come back on then off again randomly. I traced the injector wiring back to the firewall and did not see any problems with it. Any suggestions as to what will cause the #1 cylinder injector wire not to get a signal randomly? Oh, I checked the engine codes and it comes up with a 12 (no detected problems).

danthemanluvatan
03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Rap test the ecm with car running and noid light installed and see if the gives you power to the injector. If so ecm may have crack in circuit board.

HannabilRox
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Had a spare ECM and hooked that up...problem solved! Bad ECM. Thanks for the help! Car runs like a champ now!

Add your comment to this topic!