Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 buick dynaride

croomrobot
03-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Hello everyone, I just bought a 93 Buick LeSabre. When going down the road it feels like I'm on a very flimsy water bed. I can tell something is wrong with the suspension. My question is has anyone ever replaced the dynaride system with regular shocks? Was it difficult? What was the ride like after? My guess is even though this car has been very well taken care of the previous owner did not want to pay the price for replacing the dynaride system. Any thoughts and comments appreciated. Thanks!

bassfisher
08-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Don't have an answer for you, but do have the same problem with a 1998 LeSabre. Did you get any input or solutions to fixing the mushy "Dynaride" ride?

Lasota
08-24-2004, 08:27 PM
I have a 94 and I put Monroe Sensa Trac's on, the ride is a little harsher than the original Dynaride but the car is very stable at highway speeds.

bassfisher
08-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Lasota- Thanks. My 98 only had 19K miles on it this time last year. (An in-family purchase 10 months ago.) It has always had a mushy ride- more so than any of our other Buicks. The local dealer said the struts are mechanically OK, just a soft (very) riding car. He also suggested stiffer struts- I guess that's my next move.

David1966
08-28-2004, 07:28 PM
GM is famous for making cars that *would* handle well and then putting utterly mushy suspension components on them.

I just replaced all the struts on my inherited 94 LeSabre with KYB units. After 10 years and 82k miles, the originals were basically non-functional; you could pump them easily by hand with little resistance. I would have used Bilsteins, but Bilstein doesn't make struts for this car. The strut replacement wasn't too bad a job, but of course, I had to pay for a full 4 wheel alignment when I was finished.

I kept the original springs, though I think if I had to do it over again, I might try to find stiffer than stock springs for the front.

But, yes, the waterbed description matches this thing when I got it.

Andreas E.
11-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Sorry to dig up an old threat. I have a 92 with dynaride. I like the mushy comfort of it, however, every so often, at not necessarily when going over bumps, etc., there is a soft rumbling noise coming from the rear driver's side. The rear does not bounce, but could this nevertheless be a sign that I need new shocks?

Add your comment to this topic!