Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help Removing Alternator Bracket

bankerjohn
03-15-2004, 11:50 AM
I need to replace the coupler in the nosepiece of the supercharger on my 1994 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (3800 V-6). In order to remove the nosepiece from the supercharger body, I need to remove the 8 attaching bolts. To get at two of the bolts, I need to remove the bracket which supports the alternator and the power steering pump. So far, I've removed the stud into the nosepiece, the tensioner (attached to the bracket), the alternator, and three bolts into the block ... but the bracket won't budge!

It would really help if anyone has a diagram of the bracket that shows how many points (and where) the bracket is connected to the block ... or I may never get the coupler replaced!

tman
03-16-2004, 07:56 PM
The tensioner bracket has bolts that extend downward along the rear of the engine, there are quite a few if I recall.

bankerjohn
03-18-2004, 10:59 AM
The tensioner bracket has bolts that extend downward along the rear of the engine, there are quite a few if I recall.

I removed the upper tensioner (which had a bolt that extended into the block), but not the lower tensioner. Is it likely that the bolt for the lower tensioner also extends into the block?

tman
03-18-2004, 02:30 PM
oh, you have the SC engine? (I just noticed the year and trim, and put 2 and 2 together. I've not seen a SC series 1 up close, but the power steering pump is in a different location. I'm sorry, i saw 3800 v-6 and thought that it was the regular engine.

Add your comment to this topic!