2003 Tahoe Transmission Service Bulletin

navrah
03-14-2004, 11:29 PM
I own a 2003 Tahoe Z71.

There was a harsh engagement when shifting at usually a low speed when going from 2nd to 3rd around 22 MPH. When I would rapidly accelarate say from a stop to 35 MPH there was no noise only when done slowly as I don't like to Jack Rabbit. It would also occur much more intermittantly when rapidly decelerating from a higher speed at again 3 to 2nd approx.

I brought the car to the dealor for a test drive and he acknowledged a noticeable noise. He said there was a service bulletin and they address the problem. They explained as the way the Computer was communicating with the Transmission. My take in laymans terms they would essentially recalibrate the computer?

Anyways I get the car back from the dealor and it's worse. The noise maybe isn't as loud but it happens far more often at much more varying levels of noise but on a less predictable basis. Very very annoying. Only 15k miles and I've never towed anything.

I've since found there may up to 3 service bulletins. Any suggestions?

Paul Navratil
Mpls, MN

95tahoe4x4
03-15-2004, 12:51 AM
go to edmunds.com search for the TSB's on your tahoe, you will see exactly what the dealer sees. If it is still under warranty pester them until they fix it, too many people lay down and do not get things fixed when they have the right to have it fixed. Maybe try a differnet dealer, do not tell them you have had it looked at, and do not mention the TSB. I have done this and gotten total different answers and solutions, one just happen to be correct. I have since found out that the other dealer hires only newbie techs, gets rid of them after about 2 years, that way they do not have to pay them "real" tech wages. The problem with that is they do not have the necessary experience in trouble shooting drivablitity issues.

navrah
03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
I didn't mean to give the impression I'd be laying down on this one. I won't. But thanks for replying. I do have all the TSB #'s but I can't find the Details of the Bulletin only the Summaries. I went to Edmonds..searched for others. I'm really interested in all the details of the TSB's.

030730020A TRANSMISSION HAS A HARSH 1-2 SHIFT, SLIPPING 1-2 SHIFT FOLLOWED BY A HARSH ENGAGEMENT. *TT

and

030730028 DRIVELINE CLUNK WHEN STOPPING. *TT

Maybe someone knows if both problems are treated the same way? I grabbed my invoice and it says they reprogrammed the Transmission Control Module per bulletin.

Any thoughts on how to get immediated details of TSB's and/or ANYONE have any similar problems with a Tahoe.

Paul Navratil
Mpls, MN

Rodie40
06-20-2004, 02:25 PM
I went on to the Edmonds site. You can get the full service bulletins if you subscribe for your vehicle for a fee (24.95 a year). or if you know a mechanic well, he can print them out for you.
Dan

Add your comment to this topic!