Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2JZ shortblock into R34

davide228
03-14-2004, 05:22 PM
does anyone know if you could drop in a 2JZ-GTE shortblock into the skyline instead of the RB26 block

GTES-t
03-14-2004, 05:46 PM
You can put whatever you want in it if you have the know-how and the money/parts to back it up. Here's a link with several different Hybrid cars:

http://www.meggala.com/hybridscss.htm

Unfortunitely, it doesn't show what you're looking for. The closest is the 1JZ in the Cefiro, which stock uses an RB engine. I know the JZ into a Skyline has been done because one of my die hard Supra friends was showing me the magazine in 'good fun.' It was one of the Jap mags we collected while there, but I don't know when/which mag it was so I'm of no help with that.

Sorry I can't give you the exact info you want, but I can tell you it can be done.

Athiril
03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
yes, it is quite possible, in australia you could pick up an rb26 without a gearbox for $5500, a 2jz gte for $2500 without a gearbox, the 2jz has slightly less power than a rb26 but more torque

teammini.net
03-29-2004, 10:50 AM
2jz is a great engine, but is it better then an r34 6?

RazorGTR
03-29-2004, 11:43 AM
From what i've read and seen in the performance world it has pro's and con's. For one it doesn't like to rev like the RB motor will. The block and bottom ends are very strong! I would say stronger factory than the RB26 is.

Oddly enough Top Secret in Japan bins the 2JZ-GTE motors in their supras in favour for the RB26.

Zwrangler
03-31-2004, 12:30 AM
From what i've read and seen in the performance world it has pro's and con's. For one it doesn't like to rev like the RB motor will. The block and bottom ends are very strong! I would say stronger factory than the RB26 is.

Oddly enough Top Secret in Japan bins the 2JZ-GTE motors in their supras in favour for the RB26.

Yup, Top secret uses the RB26 in their supras. We have a golden top secret supra here which i'm sure is running an rb26 in it instead of the 2JZ engine. Thing is a god damn beast :biggrin:

MKIISupra
04-08-2004, 07:24 PM
1G-GE/1G-GTE/1G-GZE!!!! Thats the way to go! They arent popular and there arent any performance parts for them, but they are one of the best engines out there. extremely light strong STEEL block! Not Iron and not aluminum or any alloy, but strong cast steel! they are 1988cc 24 valve straight sixes. 1G-GE being N/A, 1G-GTE being twin turbo, and 1G-GZE being supercharged. Great great motor. Just wish I had one for my MKII, and some high comp pistons (if they were ever made) and soem nice cams! Then i just do some head work. Ahhh.

GTES-t
04-08-2004, 10:56 PM
1G-GE/1G-GTE/1G-GZE!!!! Thats the way to go! They arent popular and there arent any performance parts for them, but they are one of the best engines out there. extremely light strong STEEL block! Not Iron and not aluminum or any alloy, but strong cast steel! they are 1988cc 24 valve straight sixes. 1G-GE being N/A, 1G-GTE being twin turbo, and 1G-GZE being supercharged. Great great motor. Just wish I had one for my MKII, and some high comp pistons (if they were ever made) and soem nice cams! Then i just do some head work. Ahhh.

I'd have to disagree. My best friend got a 1G-GTE equipped Supra (J-Spec), and it's the slowest turbo car I've seen! 2L turbo is not enough to push that heavy car. He could never even try to keep up with me. It only took one year of driving it before he got rid of it and moved up to the 3.0 turbo Supra (UK Spec). And the worst part of it all, now he can finally keep up with me, and I've only got the 2L RB20DET!

Moppie
04-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Iv driven a 1g-gze powered MK2, and it was rather slow. About the only good thing about that enigne is the S/C, which is perfect for low boost aplications on 1600-2000L 4 cylinder engines.
Its light, small, compact, and can be spun in either direction to make a safe 10psi.

HondaHater
05-04-2004, 12:04 PM
ive driven 1g-gte, and that is fast. weight reduction with 3in' exhuast just makes it awesome, those are minor mods too. i enjoyed it, tho i got my ass handed to me by godzillas and gtst's that were modded hardcore. anyways, there's a 300zx out there rolling around with a 2jz. sorry for no pics, if i find them again, ill be sure to post em.

Add your comment to this topic!