Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good pin vise set and razors?

reveller
03-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey all,

Spring is here and it is time to get back to modelling! I like to know what you all consider to be a good pin vise set (pin vise+drill bits) and where can I get it, preferably online? I want to do some detail wiring and with out a pin vise, it is nearly impossible! Also, I would like to know what kind of razors and stuff like that do you all use to open doors, molded-in intakes and scoops and grills? Thanks!

reveller

UKSupraboy
03-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi,

I just got a pin vise, drill set and saws from HLJ. Not sure of item numbers but a search should find them.

I went for a photo etched set of saws and have been using them over the last few days and they are great, made by Hasegawa. Nice, quick and easy cuts.

Richie

MiS0
03-14-2004, 04:56 PM
www.widgetsupply.com

they have everything at unbeatable prices.

Bilson8tor
03-14-2004, 08:19 PM
www.widgetsupply.com (http://www.widgetsupply.com)

they have everything at unbeatable prices.

wow, that was just like a commercial, but without the "!"

jswillmon
03-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Widget supply is great, unbeatable prices is an understatement. Their dirt cheap.
one thing to look out for is that if you order an anodized aluminum pin vise from them (the colored ones) be careful b/c there are 3 sizes and the larger ones are around 6 inches long. I wasn't paying attention and bought the big one, I use it for wiring my car stereo systems and drilling larger holes in plastic. It is of no use for me in modeling.
I buy every small tool I can from them.....did I mention they ship fast and have excelent packiging too!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!