http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/forum/messages/28/4019.jpg
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/forum/messages/28/4020.jpg

-Davo
03-14-2004, 03:32 AM
hey, not bad, not bad!!!!!!!!

Man, you are my inspiration.

Jason Doucette
03-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Very nice. Have you really driven her past 220 mph, or is that an estimated top speed? That's over 350 kph... wow.

allanlambo
03-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Very nice. Have you really driven her past 220 mph, or is that an estimated top speed? That's over 350 kph... wow.

Ive actually had it bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th with the needle showing about 1 inch past 220mph. There are no numbers there. If there were, it would be 230-235mph. But of course there is speedo error, so in no way do i think its going 230mph.

Jason Doucette
03-14-2004, 05:57 PM
I have heard about speedometer inaccuracies before, but I have not heard the cause of their inaccuracies. Do you know anything about this? Does this only become significant in extremely high speeds (for instance, above 150 mph)?

Doucette
03-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Very sweet Allan. :)

"From a very early age Allan..." how does that go?!

CRXloon
03-15-2004, 04:40 PM
I have heard about speedometer inaccuracies before, but I have not heard the cause of their inaccuracies. Do you know anything about this? Does this only become significant in extremely high speeds (for instance, above 150 mph)?

As far as i know, inaccuracies are generally down to the quality of the speedometer itself.

For example, if you were to look at some of the road test information in Driving Ambition, you'll see that a McLaren's speedo is 100% accurate up to, and including, 200mph.

In the UK, it is not unusual for a speedo to over-read by anything up to 10%, although the "norm" is generally nearer 5%. Incidentally, in the UK at least, it is actually illegal for a speedo to under-read...

CRXloon
03-15-2004, 04:43 PM
By the way, Allan, nice article; not only do you live in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, but you also have a Diablo SV. You have just (unwittingly) become my mentor ;-)

DiabloGT
03-15-2004, 06:58 PM
can a diablo 6.0+NOS(maybe+ 62hp kit from Milano imports) go same top speeds as yours(220-235)?

Sean
03-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Can you figure it out for yourself?

Very nice allan. The photographer did a nice job capturing the Diablo. Was this at dawn or dusk?

DiabloGT
03-15-2004, 07:26 PM
well can you figure that dawn or dusk thing YOURSELF? IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN IT WAS...or does it?

allanlambo
03-16-2004, 02:18 AM
It was at dusk.

Jason Doucette
03-16-2004, 07:47 AM
As far as i know, inaccuracies are generally down to the quality of the speedometer itself.

For example, if you were to look at some of the road test information in Driving Ambition, you'll see that a McLaren's speedo is 100% accurate up to, and including, 200mph.

In the UK, it is not unusual for a speedo to over-read by anything up to 10%, although the "norm" is generally nearer 5%. Incidentally, in the UK at least, it is actually illegal for a speedo to under-read...

I see. I was curious as to how the inaccuracies arrise. For some reason, I thought perhaps (from reading other people's posts regarding speedo problems) after a certain speed the speedo becomes inaccurate (or becomes more and more inaccurate as speeds increase, which only become significant after a certain speed, and become very significant after extremely high speeds). This doesn't make much sense. From my understanding of your post, the speedo is simply inaccurate due to its 'ratio' being 'off', and could thus be resolved merely by shifting the numbers behind the needle by a constant proportion (NOT a constant angle - the higher numbers are shifted more, proportionally to how much larger they are), which makes perfect sense. In other words, if the speedo is off by 5 mph at 100 mph, it will be off exactly twice that, 10 mph, at twice the speed, 200 mph.

Add your comment to this topic!