Hep! Added Tranny Fluid And Burning Out Exhaust

gatorsboo
03-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Car started smoking about a month ago when started up. Took to shop for repair. Spent $800 for a new 02 sensor (L) side, egr valve and engine diagnosis. Engine came out fine. No cracked heads or problems with seals or rings.

Still smoking when first started and until warmed up (about 10 miles). Checked tranny fluid and it looked low. Put some in and car immediately started billowing white smoke that smelled like burned oil. Ran it down the interstate about 20 miles and smoke stopped car runs and shifts fine. Turn it off and restart it and it billows smoke again. Is there a way the transmission fluid is getting to the exhaust system? The smoke is coming out the tail pipe not from underneath.

If you can give me any suggestions they will be appreciated. Am tired of being ripped off from these mechanics. Need to know what I need before I take it back to shop.

Thanks

JWMAX
03-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Don't mean to state the obvious or anything but are you putting the tranny fluid in the right hole? Sorry, I just had to ask. I don't know, maybe someone mixed up some hoses somewhere? Smoke from the exhaust and adding transmission fluid should both be completely unrelated. Sounds awfully wierd to me.

gatorsboo
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, a $16.00 part made the smoke go away....After spending $800 it was my transmission module. It was bad and sucking the fluid through the carb and out the exhaust. I am so happy...but still red hot mad at the Napa Auto Repair in Kissimmee Florida.

Add your comment to this topic!