Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight Problems....Please help!!!

sezwhut
03-13-2004, 05:16 PM
have a 2001 honda civic lx, I'm having a problem with the headlamps when I switch from low to high beam then back to low I loose the low beams. I checked the connector on the head lights in low beam and read 0 volts, with high beams selected I read 12v on both sides. Any ideas? Loose grounds? anything would be helpful or if anyone has access to a wiring diagram for this system I would appreciate it.
Thanks in Advance!

sezwhut
03-16-2004, 12:10 AM
I think I figured it out finally, I did some readings with the multimeter and found with the switch in the low beam position I was getting 0 volts using the low beam contact on the plug and the ground on the plug. I left one lead on the contact where the 12 volts should be and applied the other to an external ground and my 12 volts magically appeared. Getting no help from the local HONDA dealer (they did not want to give me copy's of the headlights system wiring diagram). It was hard trying to find the common ground point for both lights (not sure if the switch provides it somehow or not) I cut the ground wire on the headlight plugs and spliced a wire in and ran a new ground for each light. System works as advertised now.

mjshort18
03-16-2004, 03:18 PM
cool, nice job figuring it out, and welcome.

Add your comment to this topic!