Page updated on 06-21-2018

Coolant lose

kenandjenn
03-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Anyone ever notice that their 2.7L seems to use coolant. When I bought this truck the coolant resivoir was empty and the radiator was a little low. I added some yesterday and filled both up, but today I noticed the resivoir level had dropped some. I don't have any leaks and the truck runs greats so I don't think it's a head gasket. No coolant in the oil either. my truck is under warrenty so I'm not worried.. just wondering if I should take it in. Other vehicles I've owned lost coolant out of their resivoirs but it took months for them to do so... not days.

'03trd
03-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Take It In!!!!

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
03-17-2004, 09:00 AM
I picked my new '03 up at the dealer and noticed the top rad hose was leaking out of the reinforcement threads after only 200 miles. I ( yes, ME, I did not want to wait/make appoint. for warranty svc. the parts guy thought I was nuts. He said they do not keep the part in stock, I had to special order it) replaced the hose and have had no further problems. I figured it was a fluke thing but perhaps Toyota is having underreported problems with their hose supplier-- probably one of the parts imported from Mexico. Check for leaks at the ends where the hose was cut, mine was literally leaking out of the thread ends! Maybe your lower hose is seeping in the same manner and you would never actually SEE it since it is so gradual. Just a thought.

Add your comment to this topic!