Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any indicator on the dash that indicates "Park" "Reverse""Drive"

curtain
03-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Mine is 95' Aurora. I have to turn your head down to the right and see from the transmission when driving at night. Any light or signal on the dash to indicate those status?

Usually not a problem on other cars.

jlaird
03-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Mine is a 98 and I know what you mean. It is rather difficult at night to see the selector position. I have never noticed any dash indicator, though it is a really great idea.

RobertHammen
03-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Does the area under the PRNDL markings light up blue?
Does the "indicator" arrow (to point out which gear you're in) light up orange?

If you're missing one or both of these, you either have bulb(s) burned out, or the wires are broken (common problem, usualy due to careless disassembly of the center console)...

--Robert

rodtice
03-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Just R&R'd my center console, my gear selector indicator wasn't working. Thought it was the bulb. It was the wiring, broken. Along with the wiring for the power shift button. Looks really nice to have the selector working.

curtain
03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Just R&R'd my center console, my gear selector indicator wasn't working. Thought it was the bulb. It was the wiring, broken. Along with the wiring for the power shift button. Looks really nice to have the selector working.

Thanks for reply. But I have no idea where is the wiring? Do I have to open something to repair it? Please give me some detailed info.

RoraStar96
03-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I had my gear indicator light on the console fail. Turns out it was the bulb. Easy fix, you need to open the arm rest cover, and you will see screw heads. Take them out and its nice and easy to lift everything out. It would be nice to see something on the dash tho, like on the 2000+ Bonnevilles with the P NOD321 shown vertically.

Interestingly enough. When the dealer removed the gear shifter, the service guy noticed wires dangling from the Power Trans button. Apparently its a wire length problem from the factory. Meaning, simply not enough wire and when you put the car into 3 or OD the wires would pull and evantually seperate. He added 1.5" of spliced extra wire and problem solved.

CGinWTN
03-22-2004, 11:41 AM
My 2001 Has the gears showing vertical right in the center of the dash behind the steering wheel between tach and speedo with a light that shows what gear it is in. This only shows when car is running. I don't know about the older models.

Add your comment to this topic!