1990 Prism/Corolla Help Needed

swarens
03-11-2004, 03:47 PM
I recently purchased a 90 GEO Prizm (Corolla Clone) with 180,000 miles. The previous owner had a Japanese engine installed around 6,000 miles ago. There are two problems I'm having and would certainly appreciate any help you could give me.

1st, the radiator cooling fan runs 100% of the time, doesn't make any difference if the heater control is on defrost or any other setting. This is annoying.

2nd the car also has some sort of fuel delivery issue. I initially thought it was the fuel filter and changed it, but have seen no improvement. The car stops running at times when I come to a stop. Also at times it jerks and sputters at highway speeds. This only lasts for a fraction of a second and seems okay afterwards. When it stops running at a stop I simply start it back up again and it runs fine (until the next time it does it). Has anyone else experienced these issues, and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks Much!

Scott

Miguel De Imagrent
03-23-2004, 12:32 AM
try looking for a 1.5l toyota engine. it bolts right in and runs from 150- 300 (depending on where you are located) the only problem is if you live in california you have to put all the smog crap like the stock intake, egr valve, ect.

garryconn
04-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Do you think that your idle adjustment is set too low? You might want to bump it up a little and see if there is any improvement.... if there is no difference, I would set it back to where it was originally.

Add your comment to this topic!