Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

speaker problem

vietxxxtasy
03-10-2004, 08:12 PM
this afternoon after work i realized that the driverside speakers don't work. just this morning all the speakers where fine but then after work i realized that the driverside speaker and tweaker isn't audible. I drive a honda prelude 1998. can some one please help me. i tried switching head units but it's still the same.

unusualcivic
03-10-2004, 08:44 PM
check your wiring first, but there is the possibility you blew them, in which case you must replace them.

btw, for future reference, it's "tweeter"

vietxxxtasy
03-17-2004, 06:43 PM
well i checked the speakers and they work fine. i'm thinking wire problems or possibly a fuse. i don't know where to start though. any advice?

unusualcivic
03-17-2004, 08:06 PM
pull the head unit out, and check the connections. if the splices are porrly connected, things will be intermittent like that.

vietxxxtasy
03-17-2004, 09:35 PM
i just tried that it stilll doesn't fix the problem. i think there is a connect problem from the unit to the speakers some where in between there. my only explanation is a fuse, but i checked on the diagrams of the honda prelude stereo wires. there is no individual fuse for just the driver side speaker and tweeters.

killah_xft
03-17-2004, 10:54 PM
there should'nt be... I suspect faulty wiring... just run some new wire for that side of the car, should'nt be too hard to do by yourself.

vietxxxtasy
03-17-2004, 11:04 PM
yes that was what i was concluding. i jus rewire straight from the head unit wire right?

Add your comment to this topic!