Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need wiring diagram 1996 Trooper

TrooperDouper
03-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I need a copy of the full wiring diagram for a 1996 3.2L trooper. Chilton's manual is not detailed enough. I need the equivalent of the Isuzu service manual. Specifically involving the alternator, 4WD battery and brake indicator lights (what controls the indicator lights mentioned?), and the heater and A/C relays. I imagine there is one component that will fix them all but am at my wit's end on it. The dealer won't let me look at their manuals (on CD-ROM now).

Does anybody know of any resources. I will gladly pay for copies or whatever. Let me know what you have and if it will help me we can work something out to make it worth your while. Thanks, TD

VMI07
11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Did you get your problem fixed. My problem is the same. I have read that the three smaller wires are for the Dash lights ie. battery and charging system. I will check those tonight to see if there is voltage. Any other help would be appreciated.

VMI07

TrooperDouper
11-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Sort of. I discovered by cutting one of the three wires in a disconnect harness, I fixed my problem with no further issues. It's been almost two years and I haven't had an issue. How did I pick this wire? Based on the limited circuit diagram I had access to, I used jumpers and found when this was disconnected, my symptoms disappeared.

I think that my problem was caused by the rebuilt alternator. There's something about the rebuilt rectifier bridge that creates this possible grounding problem. If that's the case, a better alternator might be a better fix. However, with the hassle of removing and re-installing an alternator, I'd say I can live with my fix.

The wire I'm referring to is the white/ w green striped wire. There is also a black w/yellow, and white w/blue in the bundle. It's located directly below the two fat white wire/disconnect attached to the power steering reservoir bracket near the battery. Cut the wire in the middle so you can reconnect, if it causes other problems. I think the wire is used for the "low battery" indicator. So, just be aware that you will lose that indicator.

You can always reconnect the wire, if it creates a problem you can't live with.

Good luck, and of course I assume no liability for this information.

VMI07
11-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Just getting started this evening. From My research I believe you are correct it is the alternator. I would cut the wire if I knew it would fix the blower problem. I will respond with my findings.

Thanks for your quick reply.

VMI07

TrooperDouper
11-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Check out the thread I started "Trooper help needed". It chronicles my adventures with the same problem. I'm pretty sure my fix will work for you.

If you're afraid to cut the wire, try this: Pull the connector apart and jump the other two wires together. Leave the green striped wire open. If you're satisfied with the result, cut the wire and plug the connector back in.

You can probably buy some mini probes at Radio Shack with aligator clips on one side. Or if you solder, you can make up the leads yourself.

Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!