Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help finding a kit car?

thunderbird muscle
03-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Where can I find a kit car (mainly just the body) of a GT 40 I want to make one as cheap as possible just for fun I just love the way they look I was wondering if anyone could help me find this kit. I am a teenager with the urge to bring something different to my south Georgian town. I already have a almost fully decked out 95 Thunderbird(Every penny I had) and I want something different. :confused: Please help?????

-FROG-
03-16-2004, 01:57 PM
First off, you should really consider waiting and/or saving money to prepair for a project like this. I personally did not build mine but know ALOT of people who have. For an average income person (35,000 - 50,000) it takes ALOT of money and time.

Hey, I really don't want to discourage you, I just think it's best to prepair and evaluate something before jumping into it.

It usually takes about 5 years (give or take a few) for a kit to be built start to finish. The money involved can run into the 25, 30, $40,000 range and even more depenting on detail. Most kits you se for sale on ebay or ki car webstes are approx 80% finished because the builder ran out of money, or his wife was complaining, or he has a new baby.

Plus, insurance on something like that would be virtually unavailable for someone under 25. I don't think it would be possible for a teen to get insurance on a car like that.

The best advise I could give would be to SAVE YOUR MONEY and get you something already built when you get a little older. I have seen some really nice used Ferrari kits go for $10,000.

To answerr your question about finding kits though, try a search on the net for "Kit Cars". There are about 6 sites that sell used kits. www.kitkar.com www.kitcar.com etc...

Add your comment to this topic!