Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why??

D[X]P
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
WHY???

Why is there so much rice in California. Over this weekend I have seen a
stang with altezas and a wing. I say like 2 civic with only aluminum wings and a civic with jsut a fart can. Then i saw a fuly riced out older integra. I am so tired of seeing rice. I mean i see at least 5 "Brain Conner's" every day ricing. Im so tired of seeing this shit. No wonder people make fun of hondas. Its just pathetic. Why cant people jsut leave their altezzas, wings, and body kits at home and come with engines. Shit, i haven't seen one JDM car so far. I have seen a few cool acuras but thats it. So much rice.

What do you guys see around your place?

P.S. I also say a stang with a GTR badge on it :nono:

GScivic7
03-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Well, Cali has way more hooked up imports than anywhere else. It figures that it would have it more than fair share of rice. Where I live, there isn't a ton of rice, but the ricers go all out. There is a kid with a late 80's Corolla saying that he is going to turn it into a baby skyline. He has a knockoff bomex front bumper, R32 taillights that are hanging on by some bondo and duct tape and a huge ass fucking wing. And his car is like a puppy dog compared to all of the other ricers in my town.

boosted k20
03-09-2004, 07:51 PM
lol... i think i seen that mustang on a video with the GT-R badge on it. it was on some underground racing video. this guy had a Red mustang which had according to him "Twin turbo, a supercharger, 8 cylinders, a Rotary engine, and i think it was imported from Japan." True JDM mustang. damn ricers! i was rolling on the floor laughing when i seen that video.

have you seen any cars with a body kit made outta wood... thats some serious shit right there! LOL

D[X]P
03-10-2004, 06:12 PM
Heh. I have seen a LOT of unpainted body kits. Looks so fugly!!

Egg_Shen
03-10-2004, 09:06 PM
P']WHY???

Why is there so much rice in California. Over this weekend I have seen a
stang with altezas and a wing. I say like 2 civic with only aluminum wings and a civic with jsut a fart can. Then i saw a fuly riced out older integra. I am so tired of seeing rice. I mean i see at least 5 "Brain Conner's" every day ricing. Im so tired of seeing this shit. No wonder people make fun of hondas. Its just pathetic. Why cant people jsut leave their altezzas, wings, and body kits at home and come with engines. Shit, i haven't seen one JDM car so far. I have seen a few cool acuras but thats it. So much rice.

What do you guys see around your place?

:care:

DkShadow
03-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Guys just wondering.... what would ya think if i put V-tec or Type R badges on my car? :dunno:

I got the ricer bug and I need them to gain 20-30rwhp :D

D[X]P
03-10-2004, 10:19 PM
:care:
:screwy:

D[X]P
03-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Guys just wondering.... what would ya think if i put V-tec or Type R badges on my car? :dunno:

I got the ricer bug and I need them to gain 20-30rwhp :D
ASK Dom

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/58570stickerpower.jpg

MexSiR
03-10-2004, 11:09 PM
hahahhahahahah.....

DkShadow
03-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Im seriously gonna buy a badge and put it on my car. Ill prolly get the most looks cause I made my car to look like a v6 :D

D[X]P
03-11-2004, 06:01 PM
^^^ LOL

Poser :smokin: :nono:

BlueBomber
03-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Im seriously gonna buy a badge and put it on my car. Ill prolly get the most looks cause I made my car to look like a v6 :D
LOL!!!!
Get some fuzzy dice, those will give you AT LEAST 60hp at the wheels :biggrin:

projectsilvia97
03-17-2004, 09:46 PM
do you guys think it's rice if i buy some neon lighting and such for my mom's 4-dr Accord? :grinno:
i'm just kidding, i was going to do it to the mini-van. :iceslolan

Ricochet
03-17-2004, 10:12 PM
one man's trash is another man's treasure
You may think it's rice but those people probably don't hang around forums like this one to know what's cool to have. They see exterior mods for their car at pep boys and want to hook up their ride, so what. Is it gay to us leeto Civic drivers? yeah.. but they want it because they have no motoring skills nor exterior creativity so they buy what everybody else has, to be "accepted". Worry about yourself having a clean car and crap like that shouldn't bug you.

MexSiR
03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the "sticker is going to add horspower" joke is very old, and not funny...people should invent a new one.

dbebesi
03-17-2004, 11:18 PM
this nasty cavalier i have to drive by everyday is total domestic rice. it's a 2003 cav, with a 2 ft (at least) wood spoiler. i need to post pics. it's so wrong. oh yeah, SPINNER HUBCAPS. way wrong.

i also see this VTEC POWERED geo prism driving around town a lot, with (you ready for this?) ... 4 thru hood, hood latches. and he's like 40.

AcesHigh
03-17-2004, 11:49 PM
I agree, the sticker joke is very old.

A majority of car racers (ricer, sleeper, or otherwise) don't know a thing about cars anyways, and I'm sure when asked about engine theory most people have no clue. They know just the basics: what DOHC/SOHC mean, what a turbo does, what i/h/e are and what happens when you bolt them on, and such...

There's nothing creative about keeping a sleeper like everyone else has. And doing the exact same modding path, giving everyone more or less the same car.

My point is, the anti rice revolution is over and done with. Get over it. I'm not against aluminum wings. I know a guy with a Starion with a wing and a body kit; he's got more power under his hood than a Corvette. But outside looks like a piece of shit "ricer's" car.

I don't consider him a ricer.

Also, what exactly is a JDM car? Do you expect Skylines to be driving around?

kidrocket
03-18-2004, 12:01 AM
rice is more of a mentality than a style of modification. but there are mods that have a propensity to be on cars driven by ricers, i.e. altezzas, washer nozzle lights, neons

Holyterror
03-18-2004, 01:16 AM
There's nothing creative about keeping a sleeper like everyone else has.

First of all, I didn't think sleepers were about creativity, I thought they were about stealth and maybe tact (at least, those are my motivations). I like to keep things simple and sort of thematic. My styling is generally defined as "sleeper," but maybe you have a different definition. Perhaps you should elaborate.

The spinner hubcaps are by far the riciest things I've ever seen. The first time I saw them, I didn't believe that someone had actually made them. It's what happens when teenage burger-flippers watch too many rap videos, and the "automotive accessory" industry responds...

I can respect an individual who tries to be creative and make a statement with his or her automobile. But when conformity or getting attention is the motivation, I find it much harder to give credence. Maybe it's just my taste getting in the way.

BTW, anyone who puts a GT-R badge on anyting other than a GT-R should be shot. And in Japan, I'm pretty sure that's what would happen.

civicHBsi91
03-18-2004, 07:48 AM
1 cali isnt the only place a good example is this kid around here with a 6th gen civic coupe with "i eat imports" sticker on his back window with a gorrilla next to it, he has the little toy cars "modifiers" glued to his dashboard....common now thats just fuking gay no matter who you are

a jdm car is something that replicates a car as someone in japan would do it up, just like we like their style, they like ours, im starting to see more and more altezza's on their cars

and as far as sleepers, you can have a stock, riced out, clean but good lookin, fuked up lookin.. all kinds of sleepers, and if you dont say sleepers dont do any justice well obviously you havent been do the street races. sleepers are basically meant to make money easily at races thats what i see them for

Holyterror
03-18-2004, 09:43 AM
a jdm car is something that replicates a car as someone in japan would do it up, just like we like their style, they like ours, im starting to see more and more altezza's on their cars

A JDM car is, just that, a car made for the Japanese market. A JDM style (or J-Spec) car is a non-JDM that has been modified to look like its JDM counterpart. E.g., replacing 240SX pop-up headlights with Silvia fixed headlights, which is very popular.

And, believe it or not, the Japanese "tuners" have taken rice far beyond what we sad Westerners had been tinkering with. Whereas we (and by we I mean everybody but me) rice out fuel-efficient and reliable Civics, they buy Ford Expeditions, smother them in vinyl, and then have to call ahead to reserve parking everywhere they go (it's a small island)!

As for the more normal cars, they're all the same: hinged license plate and stupid, bad English phrases like "Kiss our ass! If you can?" on the windows. And, of course, the Altezza tails are everywhere now.

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/offrimits.jpg

Nowadays, if you go out to the Tokyo Auto Salon, you'll find riced-out Skylines all over the place! Is nothing sacred?!

88civicSiR
03-18-2004, 10:26 AM
Where do you live, i saw a mustang with a GTR badge on the back of it to, i couldn't stop laughing, i think the guy bought all of kragens decals or something

DkShadow
03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Thats why i stick with the USDM market :grinno:

BlueBomber
03-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Around here it's ridiculous, ex: a Nissan Sentra with a GTR badge on it, Lincoln Mark VIII with a Type R sticker on it, a Saturn SC2 with a Type R sticker and... a 3rd gen Cavalier with KANJI CHARACTERS. Come on!!!

EG_Civic
03-18-2004, 09:45 PM
P']

Didnt the mustang Cobra R have one on it when its 2000 model came out?

I see so much rice I could start a Chinese restaurant. Chrysler Sebrings with APC banners, Old Dodge Caravans ('93 era) with R-Racing stickers, new Caravans with Underbody neon kits, redneck pick-ups with bass blasting and neons, unpainted body kits. Its one thing when you put it on and paint it like a few weeks later, but theres cars that drive around for ALONG, LONG time unpainted, CRX with no fenders but a wing and a crappy exhaust can (not a full system), Primer gray Isuzu pick-ups with homade grilles and 12" or 13" rims painted different colors. Ive seen kids try to rice out their moms car with the whole sticker look, running those seatbelt pads on the stock seatbelts. Like I said, I could open a restaurant with all the rice I see.

D[X]P
03-19-2004, 09:01 PM
:iagree:

Spoilers add 50 hp :icon16: :loser:

DkShadow
03-19-2004, 09:12 PM
P']:iagree:

Spoilers add 50 hp :icon16: :loser:
Shit, I must have lost 50hp then. I took my wing off. :(

D[X]P
03-19-2004, 09:41 PM
bad boy :icon16:

JakeDrummer
03-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Q: "how much speed does that spoiler add??"

A: "Oh you know, my 1988 Geo 4 door auto used to go about 80mph, but now with my 4' high wing, man i can hit 140mph"

D[X]P
03-21-2004, 12:05 AM
You bet!

Its all about areodynamics!! :icon16: :icon16:

driftfreak13
05-25-2004, 09:38 PM
:disappoin
in my neighbor hood there is this stupid idiot trying to be cool but his car is riced out. i aint lyin. he has a freakin 2 liter pepsi bottle painted lightly white and you can still see the label but it has NOS written in red sharpie on it in side where the back seat armrest comes down. he also has a cardboard bodkit that moves faster than his car while diving. he also has a cardboard and plastic spoiler on the back. this is all put together by duct tape. he has a painted dash with spray paint and also spray painted his taillights white then matched it with his pee pee yellow car and put "SKYLINE" lights on it :banghead: then the other day i talked to him and he said that he drilled a whole to see if his exhaust would be louder. what is this world coming to with rice!? :loser:

P.S i think that mustang was on like nopi tuner or that super tuner on spike tv. i cant really remember what.

Ricochet
05-25-2004, 10:21 PM
Why do you keep bringing back old threads?

pizzaman
05-26-2004, 01:00 AM
I think the funniest thing I saw was a turbo minivan. That would just confuse and frustrate the hell out of any ricer that got smoked by it. It looks like a stock 85 Dodge Caravan. Hell... that would blow my mind if I got smoked by a minivan. Damn now I can't get the image of a soccer mom lying her ass off to the judge telling him there is no way she could be doing 140+ in a 55. That's as bad as my father dropping a 302 Boss into a 76 Datsun pickup. He had to do alot of cutting and fab work to get that in there. Why do we bring the old thread back to life.... new members and post whores

performancetuning
05-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Here's a nice grocery getting mommy's car :biggrin:

http://speedoptions.com/features/cars.php?carID=55

I'd take it :iceslolan

D[X]P
05-28-2004, 05:52 PM
IMO /\ thats just plain stupid

Ricochet
05-28-2004, 06:02 PM
Here's a nice grocery getting mommy's car :biggrin:

http://speedoptions.com/features/cars.php?carID=55

I'd take it :iceslolan
I remember seeing that on there like 3 years ago..

performancetuning
05-29-2004, 05:14 PM
yeh it's old but nice.

Add your comment to this topic!