Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tech Manual 94 ultra

Breezze
03-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Folks
I have been looking for a tech manual to purchase for a 94 park ave ultra 3.8L with supercharger. Still looking and looking. If anyone knows where I can get one please e-mail me or post reply. I can't even find any chilton or hayes on e-bay that cover this engine, did buick stop the aftermarket sale of this info?
Frustrated
dianamurphy@bellsouth.net

tman
03-11-2004, 06:23 AM
I have one, I've seen them on ebay, keep looking, mines the factory manual, a dark blue color.

Breezze
03-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Am I missing something here? I am certainly not a mechanic and don't have much know how in this area. I bought my 3.8L, SuperCharged, 94 Park Avenue Ultra because it was so well maintained and I loved the feel and ride of it. When I bought it I knew the SuperCharger was bad and had to be replaced. And I knew that there would be other problems with it because there was 165K miles on it and no matter how well maintained things would be wearing out. I had the SuperCharger replaced with a rebuilt one I bought from PSE SuperChargers in California. I went out and bought a Hayes manual for that year but it doesn't cover the SuperCharger or the components which back it up. Since I know the engine is going to need ongoing analyses and repairs because of the mileage on it, I feel I need this manual to be sure that what I have done to it, is right.
I still can't find any service manuals that cover this engine, there are plenty that cover the engine without the SuperCharger but none that cover it with it. I have not seen any posts of a similar nature in this forum. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Am I missing something obvious and everyone is chuckeling behind my back saying this post is to dumb to make a reply to? I would think this forum would be loaded with similar posts if the tech manuals on these engines is unavailable. Hey any and all advise is welcome and call me a moron if the title fits.
Bill Murphy/frustrated!
dianamurphy@bellsouth.net

tman
03-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Breeze, the GM factory manual that I have covers both engines.

Haynes Manuals suck.

bankerjohn
03-15-2004, 07:06 PM
When I bought my 1994 PA Ultra in 1997, I purchased a set of GM factory manuals for around $84 ... one is "electrical", the other is "mechanical". The mechanical one covers the supercharger, but there are only about 5 pages on the topic. Since GM says that the supercharger is NOT "servicable" (that is, replace only), they don't have any parts breakdown ... just remove and re-install instructions.

At 122K miles, my SC has been rattling at idle for about a year ... just recently purchased a new "coupler" to install in the nose piece. In order to remove the nose piece, I have to remove the bracket that supports the alternator and the power steering pump. Looked through the entire manual and can't find a diagram of the bracket ... and I can't seem to find all the bolts that hold it on the block. So tonight, I put it all back together ... after re-filling the SC with new GMN supercharger oil!

Maybe someone will see my post and send me a diagram that doesn't seem to exist in the lousy factory manual!

pimp98
03-16-2004, 10:38 AM
there is a website i go to that does upgrades to 3.8 sc motors they might answer any questions you might have http://thrashercharged.com

lanceharrington
04-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I have the 95 Park service manuel. If you need copies of certain pages email me. I also am replacing 95 3.8 with a 96 3.8 SC. Hope it works. See Supercharging a 95 Park. Lance

bankerjohn
04-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I have the 95 Park service manuel. If you need copies of certain pages email me. I also am replacing 95 3.8 with a 96 3.8 SC. Hope it works. See Supercharging a 95 Park. Lance

Lance ...

I tried, but your forum setup prevents me from seeing your e-mail address!

Even if your manual is not the same as my GM "factory" service manual, I doubt it would help, since the SC on the 95 model is different than my 94 (longer nose piece). But thanks for the offer anyway ... and good luck on your SC replacement project!

aarcuda
04-19-2004, 09:40 AM

I would like to try this too in the future. Do you need to change any electronics to do this? I would magine the PCM is different but what else is required for the change?

tman
04-19-2004, 02:21 PM
The compression ration of a nonsupercharged engine is lower than a boosted engine, you'll blow your engines up!

aarcuda
04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
The compression ration of a nonsupercharged engine is lower than a boosted engine, you'll blow your engines up!

I know that. I was talking about replacing the engine, not just the supercharger

tman
04-20-2004, 06:25 AM
Ahh, You're posts did not read that way.

lanceharrington
04-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi, you can get the 94 service manual through www.helminc.com 800-782-4356. I purchased my 95 service manual from them. My 95 SM does have some SC info in it. Good luck. Lance lance@hicompany.com

tman
04-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Helms is the company that publishes the GM Service manuals, and they cover everything except how to remove your ashtray. I've yet to find that one...

Add your comment to this topic!