Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

M5 '01 vs Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRX '01

ibiza
01-05-2002, 04:50 AM
i have to choose between m5 and impreza. if i look the data sheet then they are allmost the same. but the price is different. what i have to choose. i like m5 but if impreza is same powerfull...in data sheet. if we put them to the line for acceleration (100m), then who will win. i hope m5...................??? i hope the impreza is not rival for a m5. m5 is a superb car(i really hope)??

crxlvr
01-17-2002, 01:02 PM
the M5 has nearly 400hp and the WRX has 227 since when are these on the same page?

offaxis7
01-27-2002, 05:46 PM
dude the M5 will bet the hell out of the WRX go with the M5

Jay!
01-27-2002, 05:49 PM
I think you may have your numbers confused. While the WRX is a great car, the M5 is just plain more car any way you slice it...

Moppie
01-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Your kidding right? you have enough money to buy an M5 and your still looking at a WRX?

BMW M5 - The ultimate high speed touring car, offering extremly high levels of accleration, grip and handeling all wrapped up in insane levels of luxuray. Its cost large amounts of money becuase you get what you pay for.

WRX - Japanese shopping cart with phsycho turbo'd four cylinder. Offers high levels of accleration, but only when on boost and sacrifies top speed. Similar levels of grip and handeling to the BMW, but does it all with out the sophistication and levels of luxury that the BMW offers. Underneath it all its still a shopping cart with lots of plastic trim, hard cloth covered seats and jiggly ride. Amsome performance for the money, but thats all you buy.

Now if you dont mind Ill move this to the Car comparisons forum. :)

3.5litermoose
01-28-2002, 08:45 PM
Yah man....your comaring an apple with a souped up orange. The M5 will roast a WRX. The only advantage i can see with the WRX is the 4 wheel drive. But it has a 4 cylender turbo, while the M5 has a V-8, making the M5 have tons of torque. The M5 is a sedan, while the WRX is more of a pocket rocket. If youve got the money for the M5 go for it!!!!:ylsuper And have fun...its one hell of a car.

TatII
01-29-2002, 10:17 AM
well i wouldn't exactly call the M5 a super high performance car given its weight and size. the M5 is hugh~!!!! and cost around 70+ G's. how can you even possibley even put a WRX in the same league? they're speeds are about teh same but the WRX will still corner a lot better. but if you compare the interiors. the WRX will seem like a bum shake compared to the M5's.

hermunn123
01-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by TatII
well i wouldn't exactly call the M5 a super high performance car given its weight and size. the M5 is hugh~!!!! and cost around 70+ G's. how can you even possibley even put a WRX in the same league? they're speeds are about teh same but the WRX will still corner a lot better. but if you compare the interiors. the WRX will seem like a bum shake compared to the M5's.

the M5 is a super high performance car. given its weight and still goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds... that is high performance. any car that goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds is high performance, so one w/4000 lbs to carry seems like it's even better. i don't know what you mean when you say their speeds are about the same though.

TatII
01-30-2002, 12:33 PM
when i saw them racing it in bestmotoring international on the track. lets say that its weight realy held it back, and the smaller more nibble cars destroyed it. and when i say smaller more nimble onces, that includes the subaru legacey turbo, the honda accord euro R. those cars are much slower straight line, but the helf of the M5 really slowed it down on the corners. don't get me wrong, that car is nice~!! and has massive torque. its more of a it gets you from point A to point B car quick and comfortably on a highway kinda car, rahter then a car made of autocrossing like the WRX is.

YogsVR4
01-30-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Moppie
Your kidding right? you have enough money to buy an M5 and your still looking at a WRX?

This was my first thought when I saw this thread.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

NISSANSPDR
02-04-2002, 03:53 PM
What are you smoking??? :smoker2:

M5 is a far superior car...in everyway!

crayzayjay
02-06-2002, 02:25 PM
comparing an M5 to a WRX :huh:
That's laughable man! :hehehe:

M5 all the way

NISSANSPDR
02-06-2002, 04:24 PM
The 2.5 WRX as you put it is a 2.0 Liter...considering the motor designation is EJ20. The 2.5 Liter was the NA version b4...not sure if the current non-turbo Impreza is a 2.5 liter.

bmwm5lover
09-03-2002, 09:13 AM
this has got to be the worst comparison EVER!!!!

NISSANSPDR
09-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Man this is an old thread...I dont even remember replying to this...lol

M5(400HP 0-60 in sub 5 sec) Still far superior to the WRX (227HP 0-60 in 5.8 seconds)

TatII: if you still doubt the M5...go to www.taner.net and download the M5 Top Gear video. You'll see what a nimble car it is...for 4000 lbs.

S Brake
09-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
this has got to be the worst comparison EVER!!!! no, this is (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t59053.html)

Ssom
09-06-2002, 06:06 AM
I hear ya snowie!

But this is still ridiculous, ibiza is full of it, why consider a WRX you have enough for an M5 :confused:

VR6Turbo
09-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Subaru makes a car called the Impreza 2.5. It is by no means a WRX! The Rex comes with a 2L because that is the highest displacement that WRC allows. If Subaru ever made a turbo version of the 2.5L engine, damn! -250hp stock?

By the way, this comparo is ridiculous. The cars are no where near the same class.

I'd buy an M3 and spend the leftover money from the cost of an M5 on mods!

mc061579
10-25-2002, 02:40 AM
You've got to be joking. Not only is the BMW far more sophisticated in every way, it does it without turbo's or superchargers. Why would you want a cheap product like a WRX. Then you'll look like all those other ricers with their junk tiny little 4 cylinder engines trying to be race cars with pencil stick suspensions. Bright colors duplicating skittles, surfboard size wings and a bunch of stickers put on a fuel economy car make me laugh. Real cars come with V8 engines, rear wheel drive, a suspension worthy of taking any sharp corner. Read and weep honda boys, micromachines like yours are for magazine boys. Grow up!!

crayzayjay
10-27-2002, 09:51 AM
While I agree about Bee Ems being more sophisticated, and generally preferring them by far over imprezas and what have you, theres nothing pathetic about these AWD turbocharged rockets, or anything wrong with a 4 cylinder engine. And a car doesnt need a V8 to be good. Thats just an American preconception

AmErIcAnMuScLe813
02-06-2003, 12:05 PM
He's probably full of it. First of all he cant speak english and anyone who has enough money to consider an M5 proobably would not consider a wrx. And he knows like nothing about both cars so...

Add your comment to this topic!