Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Accord CD Player Error Code PEO

quoristan
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi,

My 97 Honda Accord single CD Player displays this error code PEO lately. I've been searching around the web and still can't find the answer. Pls give me any hint that can help to fix the problem. I tried the cleaner CD and it didn't help. Thank you very much!

bltsr2000
03-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same error code I had, but you can try. I had to pull the radio and get the serial #. Then call or go to a honda dealer service dept, and they will give you the code, you may have to show proof of ownership. Good luck

reezn
03-15-2004, 04:02 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same error code I had, but you can try. I had to pull the radio and get the serial #. Then call or go to a honda dealer service dept, and they will give you the code, you may have to show proof of ownership. Good luck

I changed my battery one time on my 94 accord and the same thing happened. I took the radio out got the serial # and the dealership was able to give me the code, I think they charged me like $5 bucks. They did ask for a current i.d. and registration. I have it memorized ever since
ps they tried to charge me $100 dollars to put it back in, I told them I could get a new radio and istalled at circuit city or best buy for 100!

surgicaltech
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM

If I remember correctly, you'll get ERR code when you disconect the battery, that just needs a 5 digit code. However, PEO code is a problem with the cd player itself and needs repaired or replaced.

chuckyda50
09-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I experienced the same error PE-0 on my CD player. Did you ever get an answer to this problem.

phantastic1
09-22-2004, 05:24 PM
PEO is not a security code issue. it is a disc read issue. are you trying to play burned cd's? first try a stored bought cd and see if it plays. if it plays then...one it may have been that the cd you are trying to play is bad or...your cd player is having trouble reading burned cd's. if it still doesn't work w/ a store bought cd...then you will have to replace/repair the unit. most likely cheaper to replace.

Add your comment to this topic!