Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Birmingham Classic 2004 pics.

Veyron
03-07-2004, 10:48 PM
I didn't get to go. :mad:

ZoomZoom won Best Tuner with his green Z! :iceslolan

B'ham Show (http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/model_photos/model_contest_photos/mccm_birmingham/)

Slipknot
03-07-2004, 11:22 PM
sweet

rx7king
03-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks for sharing, soooo many nice models, and its not surprise why that 350 won :lol:

jswillmon
03-08-2004, 06:27 AM
veyron, where are you from?
Where did this show take place in birmingham?
When?

Veyron
03-08-2004, 06:48 AM
veyron, where are you from?
Where did this show take place in birmingham?
When?

I was recently seen on Mars, but I live in north Georgia USA, 2 and a half hours from Birmingham Alabama... Their show is always the first weekend in March.

jswillmon
03-08-2004, 08:06 AM
What!!!
I've lived in Birmingham for 7 years and never heard about any model show in the area, I've been to one in the ATL but never here. That royally sucks.
Was it at the BJCC or some other complex.
What other shows am I missing around here?
Thanks for the info veyron.

tonioseven
03-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Thanx for sharing!! If you give enough notice, I'll try to make the drive from Cincy next year! I'll have plenty of stuff to bring!! :)

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-08-2004, 08:24 AM
What!!!
I've lived in Birmingham for 7 years and never heard about any model show in the area, I've been to one in the ATL but never here. That royally sucks.
Was it at the BJCC or some other complex.
What other shows am I missing around here?
Thanks for the info veyron.

The club has been around forever. It's the Magic City Car Modelers. They meet at the Springville Library? and the show is at the Clay-Chalkville high school, first Sat. of March, every year. If you PM me your email address, I can forward it to someone in the club so they can get in contact w/you, or vice-versa.

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanx for sharing!! If you give enough notice, I'll try to make the drive from Cincy next year! I'll have plenty of stuff to bring!! :)

If you drive that far, I'd suggest coming to our Atlanta NNL on the second Sat of each November. Chris from Scale Auto Style may be making the journey across the pond this year...

Is that incentive enough?! Our show differs in the fact that we have more vendors w/more stuff like we're looking for...more import/sports car stuff, not as much traditionally American stuff, though we do have plenty of all types of models. Scale Motorsports, R&R, MCW paints, Model Car Garage, all have tables at our show, and there are some guys that come from California w/Studio 27 gear and other goodies.

jswillmon
03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info zoom, you got a pm. I can't wait till november to check out the ATL show.

tonioseven
03-08-2004, 08:44 AM
I'll be there!!!:sunglasse Keep a bug in my ear!:)

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-08-2004, 09:00 AM

Kewl! :sunglasse We'll keep the promotion level pretty high for the show, there's a lot of A/F'ers that can get to Atlanta fairly easily.

We get several Cincy Ohio modelers down on a regular basis...Ryan and Marshall King are always at our show...they usually do pretty well, too!

CADguy
03-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey I recognize a few of those. They're mine.. :naughty:

It was a good show, There were lots of great paint on hot rods. The turn out was huge in the closed wheel competition class. My Favorite.

Many of the subjects were not my cup of tea, but they were excellent builds. Many, many pre 1960 cars.

Congratulations Bob on the trophy! It was good to see the "best of" trophys go to ACME members.

I took lots of pics too, but my camera was on the wrong light setting, so everything looks yellowed.

Veyron
03-08-2004, 10:01 AM
No reason why you guys in the area can't attend my club's show May 8th. :icon16:

Get the details Here. (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198451)

tonioseven
03-08-2004, 10:58 AM
Kewl! :sunglasse We'll keep the promotion level pretty high for the show, there's a lot of A/F'ers that can get to Atlanta fairly easily.

We get several Cincy Ohio modelers down on a regular basis...Ryan and Marshall King are always at our show...they usually do pretty well, too!
Lol!! We're in the same club!! :lol:

flyonthewall
03-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Great stuff.

Well done Bob!

primera man
03-08-2004, 02:55 PM
http://images5.fotki.com/v63/photos/4/41642/761033/DSCN7157-vi.jpg
Now that is sweeeeeeet !!

SpoonMan Dos
03-08-2004, 06:36 PM
If Tonio goes I have to go, and I'm in Dayton. There's nothing like a good old fashoned road trip.

willimo
03-08-2004, 07:22 PM
That November gig sounds like it might be worth an 8 hour drive. Especially since it seems like everyone else is going! I'd love to see a lot of ya'll guy's models, but am kind of aprehensive of showing mine.... Just keep us in the loop, I'd love to be there!

And where abouts do you live, Zoomzoom? When I went to Montgomery November, I saw a maroon MX-5 with a plate that reminded me of you... and I've been wonderin' since....

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-08-2004, 08:01 PM
That November gig sounds like it might be worth an 8 hour drive. Especially since it seems like everyone else is going! I'd love to see a lot of ya'll guy's models, but am kind of aprehensive of showing mine.... Just keep us in the loop, I'd love to be there!

And where abouts do you live, Zoomzoom? When I went to Montgomery November, I saw a maroon MX-5 with a plate that reminded me of you... and I've been wonderin' since....

Our show keeps getting better and better! Our Tuner category last year was such a hit, that it will be a permanent fixture. Will be really cool to have so many A/F'ers at the show. Our theme categories are Ferraris and Mustangs.

I live in Atlanta, and my Miata is white...and I haven't gotten my "zoom zoom" decal on it yet!

tonioseven
03-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Our theme categories are Ferraris and Mustangs.
That gives me time to build a couple of Ferraris I purchased recently!! I have a Mustang or two that might also be ready!! :iceslolan :evillol:

Juan Robles
03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Some friends flew from Puerto Rico to attend the show. I heard that one of them won one spot in the top 15.

I feel very proud to see some of their cars in the photos of the show!

ZoomZoomMX-5
03-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Some friends flew from Puerto Rico to attend the show. I heard that one of them won one spot in the top 15.

I feel very proud to see some of their cars in the photos of the show!

Not only did Simon get a Top 15, his California Spyder won best in show! :smokin:

The guys from Puerto Rico had an impressive display of models at the show. :sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!