Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

M Z4

Bavarian Boy M3
03-07-2004, 04:58 PM
BMW made an M version Z3, and if u think about it, an M Z4 would generate lots of revenue 4 BMW as a high-performance roadster. i personally think the Z4 is a great improvement on styling from the Z3, and an M version would be an awesome car performance AND looks-wise

DinoGTS
03-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I agree that an MZ4 would be a good money maker for BMW but I disagree that the Z4 is a better looking car than the Z3. Performance aside, the Z4 just doesn't do it for me. In fact, I can't really say I like any of the new Chris Bangle-designed BMWs. I've owned and driven 3 Beemers over the years and I know the new ones will technologically be superior, I just can't get my head around the styling.

Chance Mc Call
04-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Ditto to what DinoGTS said about the looks. I love the look of the Z3 and hate the looks of the Z4. I own an 02 M roadster and my only complaint is the handling and lights. The handling is excellent, but not enough for the way I drive the car. The trilogy from Strong-Strut solved the handling problem, and I am still working on a way to get Xenon HIDs given the Gov's ban on aftermarket HIDs.

I will keep the M roadster until I cannot get parts for it anymore. The 02 was rare (about 400 made for the US market) so it will continue to appreciate in value anyway.

Talking to BMW execs at an auto show left me with the impression that a Z4 M is at least 4 years off, if ever. Without the M power, enthusiasts of spirited driving will avoid the Z4 and pay the price for the 01 and 02 M roadsters and coupes.

It must say something that an 02 M roadster brings more money than a brand new Z4.

Bavarian Boy M3
04-17-2004, 01:51 PM
A couple years back my absolute favorite car was the M roadster. a good looking droptop w/ M Power? thats just about as cool as it gets

StevieB03
04-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Unfortunatley BMW are not planning to release an M class Z4, but I do a lot of work with BMW and heard that they might be planning an Alpina Z4.... Spec of which I don't know. BMW designed the Z4 with a lot of M class workings...i.e. the suspension, wishbones and steering system is all M class, but it would have been nice for them to have made a special model with body styling.

Add your comment to this topic!