Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

truck shakes over 50 mph

eatdrinkadam
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
was out in the desert the other day and my trucks front tire got stuck in a small ravine. Was able to get it out then after got stuck again in mud. After 30 minutes of pushing, tugging, spinning wheels, etc. i was able to dislodge the truck and headback to the paved road. Athough i noticed now mt truck starts to shake if i go over 50 mph. This did not happen before the desert incident.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this may be??

Thanks in advanced

-Adam

'03DC3.4TRD4X4
03-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Adam, first check the obvious stuff like mud caked in the wheel. At speed this will cause vibrations. Also, and this may be combined with the mud, you may have sheered off the wheel balancing weights, adding to your vibration ills. Now for the bad news. You may have just knocked the front end out of alignment or at worst bent steering/suspension components. But my money is on the mud. Pull the wheels and thoroughly clean them--check also that the balancing weights are still there.
ALSO, if you aired down like a good boy, the tires likely rotated on the wheels causing a scenario WORSE than no balancing weights at all!

dfskinner
03-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Adam, sounds like 03DC3 has the answers. What did you find out? Let us know, everyone learns when one of solves a problem.

Add your comment to this topic!