Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 yukon xl problems

mikeoco
03-06-2004, 12:48 PM
i have a 2001 yukon xl denali with 26000 miles.

i have had problems with the car not starting. this problem occurs even if the engine is warm.

the dealer has said that they were unable to find any problems even though they had to flatbed the car to the dealership twice. the checked the battery, cables and altenator and said that all were fine.

the car may not start but when tried several hours later or the next day, the car will act as nothing ever happened.

the other day my wife was driving and the engine stalled at 40mph. she was able to pull over. the dealership was unable to start the car and had to once again flat-bed the car.

the next day the dealer was able to start the car, but it stalled on them three times during a test drive. they say that the fuel pump was faulty and also replaced the battery. they say the problem won't happen again.

each time these problems have occurred the weather was damp ( rain,slush or snow) can this fuel pump failure be attributed to an electrical problem?

my worst nightmare is having another stall while my wife and three kids are travelling a highway speeds.

what recourse do i have if this problem occurs in six months after the original warranty expires?

any info would be appreciated. thanks

NateP
03-07-2004, 01:02 PM
I also have a 2001 Yukon XL that dies at random times. It turned out to be the Crankshaft Position Sensor. The GMC dealer was able to fix it, and it cost about $200. Have you had someone check its codes, yet? We did, and it was the CPS. I hope this helps you

Add your comment to this topic!