I got some water coming out of my tail pipe

Neo Type X
03-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey guys,i got a problem with my car!
When i start it and its running there is some water that comes out of the tail-pipe.
I heard that that might be a problem with the main gasket or that there is water getting in to the engine from somewhere and that the engine won't be good in another year or so.I was thinking to myself that if there is a problem with the water coming in from the engine some how,it can be stopped if not too late and fixed.
Please clear this nonsense up for me, it would be much appreciated.

X

Doubletap
03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
How much water?
If it is not too much and not ll the time then you should be fine it is just moisture in the atmosphere (humidity) and there is water as a chemical byproduct of combustion. If it is a lot of water all the time then it sounds serious and I am not the guy to ask.

DoubleTap

integralover
03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
it depends. where do you live? i live in florida and there is alot of humidity in the air right now. when i start my car sometimes alittle bit of water comes out, but that is just from the humidity build up. check your coolant level. or does it smell like coolant coming out?

Neo Type X
03-08-2004, 05:48 PM
as a matter a fact it does kinda smell like coolant alittle.

bigpun
03-08-2004, 05:58 PM
you know what if it is any water at all the first thing you should do is rip off your head and then smack the number one piston with a hammer then reverse the head gasket and put it back together and you will be as good as new.
you will even have more power.

bigpun
03-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Free Mandella!!!!!!

SiGNAL748
03-08-2004, 06:59 PM
:iamwithst

sameintheend01
03-08-2004, 07:43 PM
you know what if it is any water at all the first thing you should do is rip off your head and then smack the number one piston with a hammer then reverse the head gasket and put it back together and you will be as good as new.

what the heck are you talking about?

98-ls
03-08-2004, 09:08 PM

yeah whats that going to fix?

boosted k20
03-09-2004, 09:05 PM
yea that guy was just busting you balls. dont listen. i had the same problem as you when i just purchased my 97 LS integra. I thought it was the head gasket that was blown but it wasnt. the problem that i had was some bad gas. My dad had put in 93 octane in it instead of 89 octane. If you have an LS you should use 89 octane. dont use a higher octane gas than dat cuz then you'll start to shoot out, what appears to be water from the tailpipe. i remember my car use to spit out a shitload of water from the exhaust when i would floor the throttle. Since the LS motor has a lower compression piston, you need to put lower octane fuel. if you put higher octane fuel all the gas wont be burned in the cumbustion chamber and it will come out through the exhaust. If you have a GS-R then i dont know what to tell you. hope this helps

casperGSR
03-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Hey guys,i got a problem with my car!
When i start it and its running there is some water that comes out of the tail-pipe.
I heard that that might be a problem with the main gasket or that there is water getting in to the engine from somewhere and that the engine won't be good in another year or so.I was thinking to myself that if there is a problem with the water coming in from the engine some how,it can be stopped if not too late and fixed.
Please clear this nonsense up for me, it would be much appreciated.

X

How does the car run? Is it using more gas then usual, running rough, stalling, etc... and how much water is coming out of the exhaust...

Neo Type X
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
I think that,that is the problem,cause it doing exactly that.My car has been down for about a month now and i only start it about once a week so i guess thats shits backing up.

Add your comment to this topic!