Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear passenger side window

justn
03-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi, just wondering if anyone had an idea as to why all my power windows work except for the rear passenger side. How or what could I try to do to figure out the problem. Just wondering if it could somehow be a broken wire going to that window.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated

tman
03-05-2004, 06:05 AM
My cousin's regal does the same thing on the same window. It sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.

Hypsi87
03-05-2004, 08:14 AM
sometimes the wires break because of the doors opening or closing alot, That is usually on an older car though where the doors have been used alot. All four of my GN windows would not go down. I had to get the good ol' fluke meter and a schematic and go hunting.

CustomChevyGuy
06-05-2004, 01:49 AM
hey what year/model is your buick? my 94 does the same thing. it used to come and go, but now it doesnt work at all. same door and everything passanger side rear. i was thinking about opening it up and seeing if it was the wires, or motor that had the problem. please let me know what happens
SRBush69@aol.com

Jed Rule
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
The motors stick from lack of use (rear windows).
If you punch the door in just the right place they might start working again. I've had motors start working after I took the door apart.

tman
06-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Thats not the problem with my cousin's regal, he always cruises with all 4 windows down, sunroof open, sunglasses on, and radio playing. His window gets a lot of use, just sometimes dont want to work!

chasers247
06-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I've had this problem with my buick and resolved it by doing a thorough cleaning of the power window switches themselves. It may be a boner to get to the switches, but it might solve your problem and allow you to use your windows again :)

After wiping the carbon and dirt crap off the contacts I suggest using a pencil eraser to shine up the surface. Good Luck!

Hypsi87
06-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Thats not the problem with my cousin's regal, he always cruises with all 4 windows down, sunroof open, sunglasses on, and radio playing. His window gets a lot of use, just sometimes dont want to work!

Have him check the connections in his drivers side door. I'm going by memory but I don't think that other windows will work (At least the passenger side won't. If you have a loose connection, that would explain the intermintent opperation.

Add your comment to this topic!