Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fronts brake rotors warping

smitsz1
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
I have a 2000 denali and just found out today I have to replace my front rotors for the 5th time in 57,000 miles. I have used AC Delco rotors and pads purchased at local GM dealer and the AC delco rep test drove the vehicle the last time problem occurred. He asked me to let GM Dealer install brakes so that they could monitor the brakes and if a problem occurs. So today the GM service dept. states that rotors have to be replaced and to speak to parts dept. Person in parts dept states I have to buy new rotors. I tell him this is ridiculous that I should not have this problem and that I have been told that the rotors are too "light" thus they are warping. Basically they dealership wants nothing to do with the problem and are not willing to help. Oh, I asked for the AC Delco reps. phone # and they said they did not have it. I then asked for the Ac delco's phone # they don't have that either...
Has anyone else had front brake rotor warping problems?

adam2
01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
AC Delco Rotors are the cheapest cast iron that GMSPO can get from China. The same goes for almost all service parts. They are not OEM and they are not even inspected. You would be better off buying the part from an auto part store.

Add your comment to this topic!