Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Climate Control Digital

mannyr
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Is is possible to convert my 1972 Chev Monte Carlo's climate control into a digital climate control without costing an arm and a leg, maybe a little finger. I heard that I might be able to use one from an early 90's Bonneville clmate control or Cadi or Buick. But what do I have to do. And how much will it cost? I'm customizing my whole interior I already have my digital dash and would like a digital climate control. Any ideas please email me at manny_1972@yahoo.com

quaddriver
03-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Is is possible to convert my 1972 Chev Monte Carlo's climate control into a digital climate control without costing an arm and a leg, maybe a little finger. I heard that I might be able to use one from an early 90's Bonneville clmate control or Cadi or Buick. But what do I have to do. And how much will it cost? I'm customizing my whole interior I already have my digital dash and would like a digital climate control. Any ideas please email me at manny_1972@yahoo.com

well you need to determine if such a system is on the aldl bus...if not, then you can do it, you just need the system (I happen to have one in a 90 olds regency)

go here: http://www.akmcables.com/aldl.htm

and scroll down to a link for all of the 'datastream docs', d/l that file, unzip it, find the index file, look up a 90's C body with a C code engine (90 bonnie, regency, park ave etc) then see if there is a definition stream for a body computer, and if so, see if the fields are for the climate control - if yes, then cant be done easy

Moppie
03-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Have you thought of looking outside of chevy?

My 89 Prelude has climate contral, and as far as I know its all self contained. The cars a Jap import, and uses I believe the same unit thats in the Accord and Civic from the same generation.
All you would have to do is import one from Japan (or here in NZ) and find space for it, and make custom piping to fit, then supply it with power.
It takes about one din slot in the dash.

Add your comment to this topic!