Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problem with the law! Help!

StealthSonic
03-04-2004, 06:11 AM
I have a problem with authority... I was driving my car with the underglow on under neat my car and was pulled over for that. Unlukily, I didn't carry driver license with me nor the registration. So I was busted for Unauthorized Lamp, Unlicense, fail to show registration. Though I was lucky enough to have my family pick me out without getting my car towwed. Then a week later when I went online to check the fine... I was fined for $480... and after I've corrected the violation it will b $280... and that's when I'm having problem... Though I couldn't find out anymore information about it...

Will I still have to pay $280 even after I show the proof of driver license and registration? Cuz this is a rediculous amount of money... :banghead:

jazer80
03-04-2004, 10:41 AM
they won't tell you? it should be broken down for you. i know that i got pulled over and didn't have a license and the cop just looked me up in his computer or radio or whatever, but that probably varies from place to place.

StealthSonic
03-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Yea, I know they have my info, they are just trying to be as painful as possible... The first deal is, they want ppl that they pulled over for whatever reason to show up to court so that the court can charge the process fee. Man I just hope after I've shown my proofs... I would just have to pay fixed ticket...

jazer80
03-04-2004, 04:46 PM
if they already wrote you the tik the only way ur getting anything taken off is through appeals. do you know anyone in the court syst that you'd be going through? i know around here knowing someone will make all the difference. i got this bullshit tik for blue indiglo or led or whatever lights that were in my mirrors as signals (300$) but it was like a joke when i got it appealed (great feeling seeing that dikhed cop in my town now that he knows i got it dumped)

ProMan
03-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Get Prepaid legal services.

jsr1200i
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
here's the deal on cop and fines.It's basically all about the revenue.I know a fwe cops and basically it's like this.There are alot of factors involved from the time you are spotted untill the point when you've given him your liscense and reg that are gonig to determine if you're getting a ticket or not.I think the first thing to realize though is that there are ticket quotas so if you are in one of the "Quota" periods you are going to get a ticket and wheather or not the offense get reduced you are going to pay something.And you can probably hedge that bet for sure if where you live is experiencing money issues.In the end it's a hassle for you and me but it's all about the revenue for them.St one point in time I think I avg'd a curbside trip every 8 days or so.No I wasn't speeding ,it's just the usual "you've got a "fast and furious" car so you must have some kind of violations or something.I think that one of the few things that helped out in avoiding tickets was knowing some of the dot laws in reagrds to what mods i did to my car.It sucks and not everyone is some kind of lawyer but it does help to know that what you've done isn't illiega.Example is my lighting.Hid halos up front,hyper white on the corners red in the rear.Where i live in nys yourl marker lights have gotta be red, white/clear or amber.I know thins because the shop where i bought them (which has closed) had a copy of the state vehicle and trafic laws displayed over the bulb section.Don't get it twisted if he's a dedicated dick you're gonna get a ticket anyway if for no other reason than to inconvience you.But knowing the same law they know and are trying to enforce i think helped.It also helped to not cop an attitude and heve my papers correct,but like i said if it's a quota/fund raising period you're going to end up paying out something,be it your lawyer and/or a reduced fine.It's not just about the serve and protect,but observe and collect..

jazer80
03-08-2004, 12:47 AM
i cannot agree with jsr more - it is ALL in how you act with the cop. i've been in cars with kids who have gotten out of blatent tickets. if you have an attitude, adn you make it you verse him he's gonna win. act buddy with him and laugh your ass off driving away w/o a ticket. since i got my car which was like maybe half a year ago, i've gotten pulled over 8 times,almost all bullshit, just cuz of system, tint, kit, rims, etc. cops hate that shit. out of 8 i got one ticket, and it was 300 for my fuking mirrors had blue led's in them, and i was being a real dick to the cop cuz there were girls in teh car. i got a 300 ticket, and later found out that he had a 100- 300 range he could have given me. the more you get pulled over the more you learn how to get out of tickets. and once you get out of a tik w/ a certain officer they're far less likely to pull you over again.

Add your comment to this topic!