Power Seat Not Working????

jimb317
03-03-2004, 09:48 AM
I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy. the drivers power seat is not working. the lumbar works fine. I have power at the switch. but I can't figure out what is wrong. Is there a relay for each motor? Is there an easy way to fix this?

madtownjumper
05-23-2004, 11:03 PM
I currently have the same problem with my 2000 Chevy S-10 Trailblazer. I took it in to the Chevy Dealer and they told me they had to remove the front seat to find that the Comuter module for the power seats was bad. They said that this was the first time in 15 years that they had ever seen this go bad and they do not even stock the part. The part costs nearly $300 and then they want another $300 to install it, just to make my drivers side seat move up and down and back and forth. I was able to find a computer module from Nordstoms used auto parts in Sioux City, Iowa for $100. I don't know how to remove my front drivers side seat but I can see the module sitting there under the seat. I just can't get to it with where my seat is currently stuck. The dealer also told me that my wiring was corroded, but I can see under the seat well enough to tell that all the wires are encased in plastic and nothing looks corroded in the least! I will update you when I get the computer module installed and know for certain that it is back to working order again. By the way, the computer module for the seats is the sames in most all of the GM trucks. My new/used one came from an Envoy, but is the exact same part number that was given to me by the Chevy dealer; it is GM part #12474289

hamlinhazel
08-11-2004, 07:25 AM
I have the same problem with my 2000 LT Chevy Blazer. Were you able to get your seat off and replace the computer module?

draasch
08-12-2004, 08:14 AM
there should be 4 bolts or torx head screws that hold the seat down.....see if you have anything like that...

Add your comment to this topic!