Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ls or a gsr?

zer0depth
03-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Ive found 2 cars, 1 is a 94 ls and is a showcar. The other is a stock GSR.

Im curious which is better in the long run.

I would perfer to have stock and dont like logos on cars so ill probably take them off. From what the guy told me its stock except for the exhaust. The car looks pretty stock as far as body kits go all it has on it is viper stripes along the top and a small wing.

The car is for sale for about 5700 and has 140k on it.

The gsr has 113k for 7000.

I want to know which 1 i wont be sorry with in the long run. Im not super rich so the vtec would save me tons. But im also afraid of this ls/vtec thing people post about.

integRS
03-02-2004, 11:36 PM
gsr...power and stock...it's hwat you're lookin for. less miles, and vtec head conversion would kill time and money...let honda take care of that ;]

zer0depth
03-03-2004, 01:35 AM
Well this will be my only car for along long time, im just curious if ls/vtec with the piss built out of the motor will be slower or faster with a vtec with the piss built out of it. i also plan to get turbo but not nos r they both the same with the difference in compression if both motors r fixed correctly?

zer0depth
03-03-2004, 12:47 PM
Sorry let me rephrase it. Im curious to know which 1 is capable of being faster in the longrun going all motor without a charger. I really just want a faster car than my friends 90 integra vtec.

Also whats the compression ratio on a 95 gsr? i have specs i got from

www.streettuners.com/curve/engine/engine_specs.html

but it only shows the 97-98 gsr compression.

tsugsr
03-03-2004, 12:57 PM
umm a stock GSR should be faster than a 90 vtec, which i didnt think that year had vtec which means he has work done to it, so you would need work, but a GSR i think would be a better platform to start with

zer0depth
03-03-2004, 01:07 PM
He had a b16 swap. Only other things i know for sure what he did was get new exhaust, have it lowered, got nos, and get a fiber hood. the hood was the newest thing so i assume basics things from swap to hood whatever people usually do between those 2.

Doubletap
03-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Alright here's what you do... go back and read all that garbled shit that fell out of your mind onto the screen and retype it into something that is easily understandable to all. That means you spell out words and use proper grammar. Then maybe some more of the senior members on the board will take you seriously.

Aside from that here are some things you left out that could be very important: what kind of transmission do these two have, who owned them before, are there any service records for either how much cash/time do you have to invest in this motor/car to make it fast and keep it running, and where are you buying them from (dealer/private owner). Then I and the rest of the people on this board can give you better advice/opinions on what to do.

DoubleTap

zer0depth
03-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Ok will do.

Which motor ls/vtec or gsr will be faster in the end. The end meaning with every possible thing you can do to the motor (keeping it n/a) which one would be faster in the 1/4 mile?

Both manual.

Doubletap
03-04-2004, 01:23 PM
The LS/Vtec will be faster because of its greater displacement and torque. How fast I have no idea. The only thing is it is likely to be less reliable and if you really mean 'everything' this will be all out race motor not fit for street use at all (no not even a little bit) and reliability will be low with either motor.

DoubleTap

Add your comment to this topic!