Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Lesabre - Water Leak into Passenger Compartment

basebase
03-02-2004, 10:07 PM
I have a 1994 buick lesabre. Within the past 6 months, I've noticed a a damp spot behind the driver's seat. We had some heavy rains last night, and I noticed that the carpet behind the driver's seat is now soaked. I pulled up the carpet, and I have a rather large pool of water. I've sprayed the outside with the water hose to see if I can trace where it's coming from, but I don't see where it could be coming in. The rubber seals around the doors still look pretty good. Has anyone else had this problem?

tman
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
this happened to my park ave one time, but I thought it was from a leak in a fast food cup I had...

03-24-2004, 07:47 AM
I've seen some mentions of this particular body style leaking water from stange places. Usually in reference to GM mounting strange components under the front seats. In my 95 LeSabre, the power door lock relay is under the drivers seat. Water leakage is blamed for 99% of times they short out. As water leaks in under the carpet (which is backed with plastic) and so the owner never knows there is water under the carpet until it shorts something out.

It may also be amusing to know that GM alternately mounted the power door lock relay in the front drivers wheel well of some models (the Park Ave I believe). From what I remember, water from the road caused it to short out and sometimes caused fires, prompting a recall to relocate it inside the vehicle. (I don't know this first hand, but it's what I've heard.)

-C

Add your comment to this topic!