Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 gmc yukon slt electrical problem

jaysky
03-02-2004, 07:45 PM
i have a 98 yukon. every so often the dome light will come on and will not go out.my only solution is to pull the fuse. i took it to my mechanic and when he put the fuse back in itwas working fine. he checked all the wires and connections and everything was working perfectly. bout a week later the interior lights came on again and would not shut off. has anyone had this problem or can anyone steer me in some kind of direction of what could be wrong. my mechanic spent 2more days with the truck and nothing. the light just wont stay on for him. help please its driving me crazy.

95yukon
03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
we had the same problem with our jeep...the alarm would go off in the middle of the night and the interior lights would always go on and off even when we were driving. we took it to an automotive electrician and he replaced a relay or something...the whole thing was pretty cheap so u might want to try that

krewl1
04-10-2004, 11:40 PM
I had a smilar problem and it turned out to be the door switch malfunctioned and it would keep the light on. Hope it helps.

ponchonutty
04-11-2004, 07:23 AM
I would suspect a bad door pin also.

mnvron
04-26-2004, 04:15 AM
Had same problem in 97 Yukon SLT 4-dr. Turned out to be the door pin switch on the driver's side (gets more use than passenger side). This is the pin switch that extends from the side of the dash and is visible above the fuse panel when the door is open. Took 2 minutes to replace and cost $7 at the dealer.

Add your comment to this topic!