Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Modifying A Toyota

Ezakimak
03-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, I finally purchased the truck I always wanted. A 1985 Toyota 4Runner, with that sweet little 22RE and solid front and rear axle. It is my new daily driver.
Well as soon as summer hits, off goes that fiberglass roof, those cheesy chrome (good for nothing) bumpers, as well as the rest of the chrome trim. Say goodbye to the Fisher Price roll bar, carpet and interior trim. Down goes rhino lining, a real roll bar, new bumpers, truss the front and rear axle, replace the 4cyl center sections with V6 units, Marfields, 4.88 gears, and Detroit True Trac LSD's front and rear. Off comes my 235/75-15's and on are a set of 33x12.5-15's and a 3" Downey suspension lift w/ Rancho RS 9000's. A 4.3L V6 mated to a 700R4 will later take over power duties. A snorkle, bilge pump, and custom routed 2.5" dual exhaust will take care of my water fording capability. For now I will have to play around with my less than torquey truck, but hey... I already had to pull out my buddies Jeep :loser: ... (Just joking Ian) I'll wait patiently for the summer. Then the fun begins... :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan

[iV]Kermit
11-12-2004, 07:42 PM
If you're gonna brag at least post a picture.

Tomsriv
11-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Cool, sounds like your going to completely rebuild that truck with aftermarket stuff. Sounds like fun.

Add your comment to this topic!