Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

these things suck ass

Civic_D16Y5
03-01-2004, 09:02 PM
the Xa and Xb look like a fricken box on wheels, why people would buy them, I DONT KNOW. but one thing is for sure,they lied when they said that they were designed by a sci-fi addict, because a sci-fi addict would have designed a car that is similar to a lamborghini, the only one of these cars i would ever drive is the Tc or the Xc, which ever one is jsut about to come out.

PoisonFangs
03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I personally do not care for the Xa or the XB but the TC is bad ass.

SkyNetOG
03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
The tC will rock your boxers! Hopefully. I'm planning to buy a new car in 6 months, and depending on the performance and heavily on price, I might choose this over the Lancer EVO.

PoisonFangs
03-17-2004, 10:31 AM
The performance of an Evo 8 ( i dont know witch evo you were planing on getting) will blow the tC out of the water. But the TC is supposed to be priced around 16,500 so you cant beat the price. But if i had money for the evo8 i would go with that. Befor i make final choices i would have to do some good test driving.

Cheif xB
04-04-2004, 01:32 AM
If you already have a "fast" car, these are great second cars. Its not the fastest but I still get out of my xb with a smile. Once the TRD turbo is released it will have 100hp per liter and thats fine with me.

Big Top Gt
06-18-2004, 04:32 PM
I can't imagine anyone seriously comparing a Scion anything to a Lancer EVO. Not only is the EVO literally twice the price it's also got a full backing in major racing sanctions. It damn well should be better.

The Scion is a new car. We'll see what gets developed with time but it's not a realistic comparison.

Personally, I'm a fan of the xB. I've been thinking about retiring my Cobra to the garage (after the motor comes back and the blower goes on) and buying an xB.

I get all giddy thinking about a forged and stroked scion with a turbo. :D

A

aznxthuggie
06-20-2004, 02:27 AM
the Xa and Xb look like a fricken box on wheels, why people would buy them, I DONT KNOW. but one thing is for sure,they lied when they said that they were designed by a sci-fi addict, because a sci-fi addict would have designed a car that is similar to a lamborghini, the only one of these cars i would ever drive is the Tc or the Xc, which ever one is jsut about to come out.

actually the tc is the one coming out, and the sci fi addict designed THAT COMMERCIAL anyways the xa looks nothing like a box, and the xb is good for practical use, not the best in terms of looks, but for $13k its a great affordable car

aznxthuggie
06-20-2004, 02:28 AM
If you already have a "fast" car, these are great second cars. Its not the fastest but I still get out of my xb with a smile. Once the TRD turbo is released it will have 100hp per liter and thats fine with me. my friend is also getting that turbo, dam i wuna drive his car when it comes out

dc2paulo
06-23-2004, 06:19 PM
the tc is not bad but xa and xb are both a joke they put out 109hp and in my opinion ugly u might as well get an sohc civic

lazysmurff
06-24-2004, 03:04 AM
its my understanding that they have echo engines, which can be turbocharged with pretty good gains, and as for styling...to each their own. i think their goofy-ness is appealing

kman10587
06-24-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the supercharged Scion tC, which should make around 200 hp/200 torque and cost about $20,000. And since the TRD supercharger is installed by Toyota from the factory, the car will be covered by warranty. :)

SupraZone
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM
I test drove an automatic tC last weekend and it was nice, but I have to wait to try the 5-speed... I was supposed to on Wednesday, but they're stuck in customs... Anyhow, here's a new site w/ more info: http://www.yoursciontc.com

aznxthuggie
06-25-2004, 01:21 AM
I test drove an automatic tC last weekend and it was nice, but I have to wait to try the 5-speed... I was supposed to on Wednesday, but they're stuck in customs... Anyhow, here's a new site w/ more info: http://www.yoursciontc.com

thats cool, how did it feel? much different from a camry? anyways tomoro im going to wondries to test drive, my friend works there.. they have only one for some reason.. for display? but im going to test drive.. its the manual

kman10587
06-25-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm test-driving one as soon as I get back to Vegas, but just for the hell of it. I don't have the money to buy one right now. Besides, I'm waiting for the TRD supercharged version :)

SupraZone
06-28-2004, 08:51 PM
I can't comment on the Camry, because I haven't driven one in a long time, but it's tight, solid, corners well, accelerates nicely, and has a lot of great features :)

I can't wait to try the 5-speed, especially supercharged! :D

As far as I know, most places are only able to keep one for display, at the most, because they're all pre-sold. The sales person I was dealing w/ said he was getting the first 5-speed, but I could drive his since there weren't any others for me to try ;)

thats cool, how did it feel? much different from a camry? anyways tomoro im going to wondries to test drive, my friend works there.. they have only one for some reason.. for display? but im going to test drive.. its the manual

aznxthuggie
07-05-2004, 05:09 PM
I can't comment on the Camry, because I haven't driven one in a long time, but it's tight, solid, corners well, accelerates nicely, and has a lot of great features :)

I can't wait to try the 5-speed, especially supercharged! :D

As far as I know, most places are only able to keep one for display, at the most, because they're all pre-sold. The sales person I was dealing w/ said he was getting the first 5-speed, but I could drive his since there weren't any others for me to try ;)

i just test drove a 5 spd.. it was really nice

mx6rrr
07-15-2004, 12:21 AM
yah, its like that damn honda element....

Hybrid93Hatch
07-15-2004, 07:47 AM

I test drove an Xa and must say I'm sold for one!!! I'm going from an Eg hatch w/ GSR that's damn fast to this slow econobox. You probably say why in the hell would you do that?

1) I'm done with modding of cars. At 26 (average money) it's time to invest my money more wisely, like in a house.

2) Under 15k out the door for a Toyota w/ power everything and floor mats is pretty damn good.

3) I actually think the Xa looks pretty nice. The Phantom gray with nice tint will be pretty attractive in my opinion.

4) 32 / 38 mpg is damn good as well for my driving to and from work.

Oh and to compare the Tc to an Evo8 is just reatarded! Compare it to the Oz rally edition Lancer.

Dead_Ed
07-17-2004, 11:34 PM
but one thing is for sure,they lied when they said that they were designed by a sci-fi addict...

I think you are referring one of the television commercials for Scion, which says blah blah blah, by some dude -- sci-fi addict. Obviously those aren't the right words, but the deal is that the specific commercial was done by a sci-fi addict, not the car. Another ad is by a hip hop DJ guy, etc.

domesticdisturbans
10-17-2004, 02:03 PM
yea im impressed with tthe boxes(xb) im thinkingof a blitz super charger for mine nadn bout to toss on some airbag struts on it for beter handiling and ( still b able to go over speed bumps)but yes its nice and roomey as all hell perfect for comuting or road tripsand they are nice and affordable
my persoanl opinion is that the xa is trying to pull off a jelly belly look
my 5 cents
-shawn

Add your comment to this topic!