Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Buick Lesabre heater defrost / climate control

slepard
02-29-2004, 11:44 PM
We have a 1994 Buick Lesabre with a dual zone climate control. I replaced the coolant and hoses. After completing this service the heater failed to perform properly.

The numbers on the digital display for setting the temperature are flashing when turning the climate control to heat or defrost.

The airconditioning compressor was actually running and directing cold air to the passenger side.

Warm air is supplied to the drivers side and back seat. This condition exists even with the dual zone control turned off. There is a pressure sensor on the accumulator near the fire wall which is now disconnected to keep the compressor from engaging and this provides some relief but this is my temporary solution for a modest improvement to the situation. Cool(outside?) air still comes out the passenger floor vents.

There is coolant flowing through the heater core since both hoses are hot as well as the box containing the heater core, but the baffles which control air flow are not sending the air through the heater core as they should. The engine warms up to normal operating temperature, 180-200 degrees F

The interior of the car will warm up slowly if left idling. I think outside air is also being directed into the car keeping the cabin quite cool while the vehicle is moving.

Is there a way to get the climate control to display a diagnostic code?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!