Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B16A2 With Greddy Turbo Kit?

Brit6
02-29-2004, 08:09 PM
I have a 1993 honda civic with a jdm b16a2, i want to add the greddy turbo kit @ 5.5psi without an IC..would this be a good choice?

Either that or a d16 with greddy turbo kit.

I already have the b16 but thinking of getting rid of it..

Thnx for info.

ghost94
02-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I have a 1993 honda civic with a jdm b16a2, i want to add the greddy turbo kit @ 5.5psi without an IC..would this be a good choice?

Either that or a d16 with greddy turbo kit.

I already have the b16 but thinking of getting rid of it..

Thnx for info.

why would you sell that ripper ther are a few people on here running upwards of 10 psi on syock internals and good fuel management and an ic
:evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evil lol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol::evillol:

Brit6
02-29-2004, 09:59 PM
yeh well maybe down the road i will do that....but if i just add the greddy turbo i shoundt have any problems?

TEAM KLR
03-02-2004, 10:46 PM
i don't prefer the greddy kits at all. they are nice but have small turbos and the injector kits should be thrown in the trash first thing! and i would absoloutley not go without an intercooler! there is nothing wrong with the greddy kits as far as the mechanical aspect and the look good. the main thing is make sure you use an I/C and get rid of the greddy injectors and controler box. instead of that stuff go with RC or Precision Turbo injectors and a hondata s200 or if you are on a buget a cartech fmu with an apex i s or v afc.

MattyO217
03-11-2004, 10:18 PM
What do you do about the timing if you were to use the apexi afc and the cartech fmu?

805ace
03-22-2004, 11:43 AM
if you gonna sell your engine tell me..

maxspeedhonda
03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Couple of things. If you plan on sticking with low boost, then the greddy kit is good for the money. If you plan on doing some major modification in the future, then start off with a better turbo.

The injectors that come with the greddy kit are made by RC not greddy and they are 310cc, they will max around 8 psi. The greddy 18G is not a small turbo, it can support over 300whp obviously more than enough for this guys needs. I have the 18G myself and it is a great snail, however I will be selling it and using a Precsion SC61 for my built motor.

The AFC hack will screw your timing, so it is good to have a retard device. Leave base timing stock and use a unit like the MSD-BTM that will retard timing a specific amount per pound of boost is reads.

Brit6
03-31-2004, 08:38 PM
i woundt be using the 18G turbo...i would use the 15G turbo with a differnt manifold.....i do plan to stick with low boost.

I won't be making any modifications in the future to my engine or anything....i would just like to leave it as is.

If the injectors max out @ 8psi, then thats fine i will only be running 5.5psi.

I just want something for daily driving, just for a little fun :)

maxspeedhonda
04-01-2004, 08:31 AM
i woundt be using the 18G turbo...i would use the 15G turbo with a differnt manifold.....i do plan to stick with low boost.

I won't be making any modifications in the future to my engine or anything....i would just like to leave it as is.

If the injectors max out @ 8psi, then thats fine i will only be running 5.5psi.

I just want something for daily driving, just for a little fun :)

The 18g comes with the kit for the b16a. The 15g comes in the kit of the d16*. Keep the b16, you will be happier. Also I wouldn't suggest using a 15g turbo on a b16 becuase it will spool quick as hell, but it will not hold boost all the way to redline.

Brit6
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
well the b16 kit is almost double the price of the d16 turbo and im not ready to spend that kind of money........

the d16 kit can be had for like $1400 us that would be fine but not $3000us or whatever the b16 kit can be had for.

maxspeedhonda
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
well the b16 kit is almost double the price of the d16 turbo and im not ready to spend that kind of money........

the d16 kit can be had for like $1400 us that would be fine but not $3000us or whatever the b16 kit can be had for.

What motor are you going to use. I am sure that you know that the d series and b series manifolds are different. I am just saying that a 15g is too small for a b16a. The high CR will spool it ver quick, but it WILL NOT hold boost through the revs.

Brit6
04-01-2004, 11:50 PM
well i will be using the b16, i was planning to buy a b16 hks manifold to use on the b16..but i guess like you said it is a too small of a turbo........then what else can i use that will be under $1500.....for my b16 @ low boost....

maxspeedhonda
04-02-2004, 08:37 AM
well i will be using the b16, i was planning to buy a b16 hks manifold to use on the b16..but i guess like you said it is a too small of a turbo........then what else can i use that will be under $1500.....for my b16 @ low boost....

Well of you planned on buying the hks manifold, were you sure that any of the mitsu turbos would have bolted to it. Find out what kind of turbo it is made for and go from there. If you are on a budget, there are lots of turbos you can find for under $600. If I were you , I'd ditch the kit idea and part it together yourself, you will save some money doing so.

Tranzlogic
04-02-2004, 05:31 PM
i pieced together my kit, I have about 5,300 of turbo hardware for about 3,000. I would buy your turbo from wherever you trust, but as far as your plumbing, intercooler and so forth go with ebay and classified ads because with used plumbing and so forth you dont have to worry about bad parts. just make sure you know where the turbo comes from, the last thing you want is a used turbo with alot of shaft play and/or blowing oil. so umm yeah, good turbo and ebay and online classifieds for the rest..just hunt for good deals...just my opinion

Brit6
04-08-2004, 11:34 PM
alright sounds good... i probably wont go with an intercooler to save some money......i might add one later but for now i wont

I'll let you guys know when i get my turbo put together.

integrx
04-29-2004, 06:14 AM
i have the 15g on a b18b, totally wish i went with a bigger turbo. Using the HKS mani it fits fine, didn't even have to remove the fans to install. And whatever you do, get an IC don't cheap out on the IC, it can be found for $200

Add your comment to this topic!