Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hello everyone! My first post with pics...

Hawk312
01-03-2002, 10:28 PM
Hello Everyone. I have been lurking for a little while and decided to make an introduction. I mostly build 60`s and 70`s muscle cars, though I build just about everything. I would like to see more pictures of american cars, especially muscle cars. I attached some pictures of some of my projects. I hope it comes out and hope it is ok with the moderators.

Jay!
01-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Hawk312
I attached some pictures of some of my projects. I hope it comes out and hope it is ok with the moderators. :D Good job, you've picked up on the group's picture-lust and given them exactly what they would have asked for anyway!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=169116

Is that a plastic Cobra? Someone was asking about them a bit ago... ;)

Hawk312
01-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Thank you very much! I was actually nervous posting for the first time, since I don`t see very many muscle cars here. Maybe in time I will learn how to post more than one picture to each message until then, here is the second one I was planning on sending:

Hawk312
01-03-2002, 10:48 PM
and here is the third. Let me know if you want to see any more pics. I have pictures of a couple other models I built here.

Hawk312
01-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Is that a plastic Cobra? Someone was asking about them a bit ago...

Ok I think I am going to break the all time post records here in one night. Sorry, I didnt see the question you asked. Yes, it is a plastic cobra. It is a 1/16 scale kit from AMT that I built about 5 years ago or so. That picture though was just taken tonight. It has about 15 coats of red laquer so I could rub the finish out. It is actually the only one of the three that have been wet sanded or rubbed out at all. There is no clear coat on it.

Jay!
01-03-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Hawk312
It is actually the only one of the three that have been wet sanded or rubbed out at all.Are you serious?!? :eek: The Supra and Chevy look GREAT!!! :D

BTW, I sent you a private message. Read it here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/usercp.php?s=).

JE123
01-03-2002, 11:18 PM
I was looking for a Cobra a little while ago. You are not alone I have a couple of muscle cars. The '67 Camaro I have is finished and I am working on a '67 Impala right now. The Impala is pretty much finished. All I am waiting on is my Tamiya Compound and Modeling Wax from HLJ.com. I don't have any good pics of them at the moment, but I will try to get some.

Hawk312
01-03-2002, 11:18 PM
Are you serious?!? The Supra and Chevy look GREAT!!!
Thank you very much! The Supra and Chevy were both sprayed with plastikote automotive spray (this stuff covers great!!!) and then sprayed with testors enamel when the plastikote basecoats became "tacky". After the color coats, I applied 3 coats of testors high gloss clearcoat. It usually takes about a month for the bodys to completely dry when I do it this way, but so far, the results are good and I have never had a problem with cracking or hazing.
What the heck, here is another picture:

Pimp88Accord
01-03-2002, 11:56 PM
wow, those look great. good job

primera man
01-04-2002, 01:36 AM
Welcome along Hawk312. Those models look great. I'm a huge muscle car nut as well and have done quite a few. One's in the gallery here.

Look forwand to seeing some more pics if you can

Guiddy
01-04-2002, 02:43 AM
Hehehe! SUPRA!!! You know thw way to a modellers heart!!!

Nice models, and welcome to AF!

Could you describe tham all a bit more, I am having trouble working out which are models, are any pre-built?

pkw1
01-04-2002, 04:28 AM
WOW :eek: that Cobra is the BOOM man :eek:

I really like muscle cars too, but I know too little about them to build a good detailed scale model. And I'm really trying to keep my collection in late 80s to later... just to keep it afforadable too... man i have too many model cars to be built :o

but hey, welcome here dude, I'm really happy to see someone that are into old school muscle cars ;) keep up the fantastic job, and post more pictures :D

Hawk312
01-04-2002, 08:09 AM
Thanks again for all the compliments!

Guiddy:

Could you describe tham all a bit more, I am having trouble working out which are models, are any pre-built?

All of those were models, none were prebuilt. All bodies were painted using automotive paints followed by testors enamel and then high gloss clear coat. The 1/16 Cobra is an AMT model from a few years back. I bought that kit in `94 or so. I`m not sure when they stopped making those kits, but I think it what shortly after that. I posted a pic below of the engine detail. I made the carburator stacks out of aluminum tubing and wire, and wired the engine. I won first place in a local competition with that one. The Supra is the kit from Tamiya, and was basically a box stock build up. The `70 Chevelle SS 454 was Monogram`s Chevelle 3n1 kit, and was my most recent project. This kit is still available everywhere. The Camaro is Revell`s `69 Z28 kit with a 302 and cross ram carb setup.
Is that what you were looking for?

pkw1:

man i have too many model cars to be built

I hear that! I am afraid to count how many boxes of unbuilt models I have. I think if all the model companies stop manufacturing models, I will have enough kits to last the rest of my life.:sun:

Twist
01-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Hey and Welcome!

Great models! I especially like the Supra! Keep up the excellent work and POST MORE PICTURES!

G-Forces
01-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Welcome to AF. I think you'll find a nice home here. Your models look awesome by the way, I don't see how you could be nervous posting those! :eek:

Add your comment to this topic!