Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'01 Yukon XL dying

NateP
02-29-2004, 05:05 PM
My Mother's Yukon XL started dying the other day for no reason. I replaced the battery, fuel filter, and checked all the fluid levels. It has the 8.1L and my uncle let me borrow his OBD II code puller, and it said the the crankshaft position sensor was bad as was whatever a P335( i think). Any help on what the problem could be, would be a huge thanks. And if anyones knows if a crankshaft position sensor can be easily changed, you can let me know at nathanphipps@aliveandkicking.com

Thanks

slacker_53
03-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Code 'P0335'--Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

I don't recall it being all that hard to replace the crank sensor, looks to be the place to look.

Good luck!!

-slacker

NateP
03-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks Slacker. I informed my mom, and she's considering taking the thing to the GMC dealer, so i'm going to see what they say before i do anything else to the XL

NateP
03-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Well I got the Yukon back from the dealer. They changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor, and they upgraded the Computer. From what they told me and my mom, it's fixed. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

NateP
03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Just an update, The XL has been running smoothly ever since the CPS was changed. So I guess that was the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!