Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Double clutching?

GTO4Life
02-27-2004, 10:56 PM
whats that?? thanks lol

Igovert500
02-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Basically it is a driving technique that saves the life of your tranny and synchros. The goal is rather then simply downshifting, you take it out of gear, rev the rpms up to get the engine spinning to the correct speed, and then put it into gear. This saves the life of your transmission synchros and eliminates that lurching you get when you downshift. For a detailed explanation check out this website:
http://www.driversedge.com/dblcltch.htm
It is short and informative.

Teazrsnow
02-29-2004, 10:07 AM
igoverthas it right

N/A-SAVAGE!
02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
aka........ rev matching :iceslolan

talskinyguy
03-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Basically it is a driving technique that saves the life of your tranny and synchros. The goal is rather then simply downshifting, you take it out of gear, rev the rpms up to get the engine spinning to the correct speed, and then put it into gear. This saves the life of your transmission synchros and eliminates that lurching you get when you downshift. For a detailed explanation check out this website:
http://www.driversedge.com/dblcltch.htm
It is short and informative.

You left that kind of open to the ricer version of double clutching, aka rev matching. When you take it out of gear you let off the clutch, then rev match to the gear your going into, then put the clutch back in, then shift into gear.

Jehu
03-05-2004, 09:49 PM
It's used alot driving big rigs too. Good ol' questions that F&F brings up. eh?
Now if you thinka bout where in F&F that is used it would have been in a short drag. Tell me why you would downshift if your making out in every gear?
Mabe I'm a nimrod... but no one I know got that.

Igovert500
03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah, you're right, it makes no sense. But it goes along with Vin Diesel's character, because he can't act either and the fact that he has stared in more than 1 movie makes no sense.

Jehu
03-08-2004, 02:47 PM
it pisses me off that he jacked both my cars... The Charger & GTO. I loved them then he drove them in back to back movies, and makes me look like a wana be.

Sweet Stealth
03-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Very useful if you have bad synchros as well..

Like for me my 2nd gear is going bad.. Only way I can get it into second if i wanna race someone on the highway is if I double clutch.
Like others said.
push in clutch, pull out of gear.
let out clutch.
rev up car
push in clutch
pull in 2nd(for me anyway)

90% of the time it wont grind.. If I dont do that.. It will grind going into second doing more then 20mph.. Stupid synchros.. :screwy:
Ryan

Add your comment to this topic!