suspension

DanRico17
01-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Anyone have any ideas for a suspension on an Escalade to drop it a little. But i'm looking for one of those things to control it, not permanently drop it. like airbags or aircylinders or air suspensions or something. Anyone know anything? Maybe a website? thanks alot

djhookertj
09-08-2002, 08:14 AM
here is a site i have this on my truck and it rides like a dream now and it is sorta cheap too.yeah booooooooooooy
www.groundforce.com the factory is right next to my house so if they are trying to charge you rediculous amounts for shipping ill send it to anyone

C-Town216
09-23-2002, 03:00 PM
What yr? The newer bodies have coil spring cups in the rear that are very easily replaced with bags. I don't know what the gen 1's looked like underneath. For the front, there are 2 ways to go: Aim makes a "Pork-Chop" crossmember that replaces the torsion bar adjuster arms (keys) with longer ones with bags attatched to the ends. It is expensive but yery easy to return to stock (no cutting or welding). It won't let you lay frame because it sticks down past the rails, but it will drop from stock about 6" and ride really nice.
The other (better) way to do the front is to weld the bags to the upper control arms and to the frame with a rear C-notch bridge on the front. This may cause some header interference, but any skilled dropper will be able to make it work and strong. Then you can lose the T bars completely to save weight and lay frame to the ground when dumped. This would also require a notch in the rear, but definetly worth it to lay frame on 24"s!

djhookertj
09-23-2002, 03:26 PM
well i baught a kit from groundforce.com for the 02 caddy it has keys for the front and coils and relocators for the computers

mattyoung33
01-11-2003, 07:11 PM
escalades a tiiiiiiiight

Add your comment to this topic!