Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbo integra questions

ricerboy8627
02-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Ok right now I have an eclipse but have no money to mod it and it is only an RS so I have limited options anyways. So I am thinking about selling it and getting an integra LS. Now my question is should I buy another LS block and sleeve it bore it low comp pistons and the whole deal. OR should I buy a complete GSR engine and put low comp pistons and new rods and cams. Which would be a better option for turbo. I am thinkin the cost may be about the same and the LS steup may handle more boost but I dont know.

95TegSE
02-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Your RS has the same engine as the LS, it would be pointless to sell it. Is it an auto or manual?

Teg_95
02-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Your RS has the same engine as the LS, it would be pointless to sell it. Is it an auto or manual?

He was talking about his Eclipse RS not Integra RS.

If you end up buying the integra LS I've heard that the stock intenals can handle up to 12psi of boost with proper tuning. If MONEY is an issue I would stick with the LS and not the GSR due to it's high compression ratio.

ricerboy8627
02-27-2004, 04:39 PM
yes I know that the ls can handle more boost than a gsr but I was wondering what I should do with a rebuild re read my original post. And yes i wouldnt have that much money to spend but I would have enough to rebuild an engine.

Konflix Integra
02-27-2004, 05:05 PM
2500 can get a cusom turbo kit w/ dyno time. It makes about 220 hp to the wheels! And no, thats not a typo.

Teg_95
02-27-2004, 07:01 PM
yes I know that the ls can handle more boost than a gsr but I was wondering what I should do with a rebuild re read my original post. And yes i wouldnt have that much money to spend but I would have enough to rebuild an engine.

First, how much boost are you planning to run?

Second, what's the point of lowering the compression of an gsr motor when the LS motor already has the ideal compression for a turbo? You have to remember that the main advantage of the GSR over the LS was the higher compression under N/A conditions. When you lower compression of the GSR motor you will lose power. Save some money and work with the B18B.

tsugsr
02-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Yall need to refer to this site, it tells you all about turbos, especially yall newbies tryin to give him advice http://www.matt3t4.20m.com/photo5.html

Teg_95
02-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Yall need to refer to this site, it tells you all about turbos, especially yall newbies tryin to give him advice http://www.matt3t4.20m.com/photo5.html

Who the f%ck you calling a newb. Just b/c I don't have a lot of post that does not mean I don't know what i'm talking about. You need to watch who you are calling newbs!!!!

ricerboy8627
03-02-2004, 12:14 AM
well i am not sure how much boost i want to run because i dont know how much would be too much on a fully built motor (i think i was looking at 8.5:1 comp pistons) and I am also looking for maybe around 300 or maybe a little more horsepower off this. That is why I want to rebuild the motor because I want to have that much HP but I dont think that is possible with stock internals on an LS

Piecedtogether
03-02-2004, 03:58 PM
It may not help you but you might like the pics

www.redeyefabrication.com/Customer%20Cars/Customer%20Cars.html

casperGSR
03-02-2004, 08:20 PM
well i am not sure how much boost i want to run because i dont know how much would be too much on a fully built motor (i think i was looking at 8.5:1 comp pistons) and I am also looking for maybe around 300 or maybe a little more horsepower off this. That is why I want to rebuild the motor because I want to have that much HP but I dont think that is possible with stock internals on an LS

Regardless of which engine your decide to chose if you are wanting to push 300 to the wheels you are going to want to sleeve the block and get new pistons, rings, rods, valve springs and retainers, some type of ecu setup (whether it be piggyback or standalone), better clutch, better axles, etc.... anyways as far as which model to go with whether it be ls or gsr I'd say go with the gsr (I'm a little biased though)... only suggestion I got though is you mentioned something about money being tight, try not to cut corners and do it right the first time even if it takes a longer period of time to accomplish what you want... people will tell you you don't need to sleeve it or you don't need to worry about this or that, but just remember the more buildup you do, the longer it'll last... and to run 300 hp on a turbo'd gsr you're gonna need to run more then just the 'safe' level of 7psi ... and the 'safe' level of 11 or 12 psi on the ls motor won't give you that 300bhp either... I'd say go with the gsr and build the shit out of it and it'll handle that 300bhp without a problem... hope this helps in your decision.

Teg_95
03-02-2004, 08:44 PM

Pushing 300+ hp is a pretty tall order considering you're on a budget. Not only do you have to upgrade the motor (which is the correct thing to do on high hp motors) you will need to upgrade other components as Casper mentioned. Here is a link to a thread that should answer most of your questions. Although they talk about stock motors on the first few pages the last few pages should touch base on built motors. Plus the thread also has dyno print outs which should help make your decision.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=185854

ricerboy8627
03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
ok so lets say that i rebuild an ls motor with 8.5:1 comp pistons then about how much boost would I be able to safely run for a daily driver/race. And how much HP from this. OR if I just slapped on a turbo then how much HP could I get and also what are the HP ratings vs some common competitors. Like HP to the wheels vs an ITR or eclipse GSX some things like that because I want to have a fast car and be able to beat some common cars on the road either stock or with a few mods. (the other cars that is)

Add your comment to this topic!