Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

denali/escalade console section

gable74
02-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Does the denali console have a section that can be removed (the section that houses the 6 disk changer if you have the navigation head unit) and swapped for the same section in a silverado console? I am going to put a nav unit in my silverado but i dont have that section in my console to put it like the denali or escalade does. If some one could let me know either a part number or a picture of what it looks like it would be great ....thanks.

zutoo
03-04-2004, 06:54 PM
I have the factory nav unit, but my cd changer is in the dash above the ashtray. Never seen the changer in the console...

jaycough
04-21-2004, 04:30 PM
any luck, looking to do same with my 2004 subn. add nav unit and put in GMC disk changer

gable74
04-22-2004, 08:30 PM
any luck, looking to do same with my 2004 subn. add nav unit and put in GMC disk changer

something like this?

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/attachments/done.JPG

Eggert
04-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Hello, just a quick note, please ignore it if you know more about this than I do (you most likely will).
There are other threads in here about nav systems. Please read through them.
The nav system is hooked into electronics like the data bus, so the truck you are putting it into may not have the right infrastruture to accept it.
Take care and good luck, Eggert :bananasmi

gable74
04-22-2004, 10:44 PM
all 2003's and up utilize a class II data bus. Sort of like a LAN, which communicates through out the truck with various equipment and back to the BCM. All a silverado (like mine) needs to have this setup is an upgraded AMP, and Navigation antenna that mounts under the dash. If you want the changer like i have, you can get any 2003 and up gm changer to fit inside the console after a little bit of work to the plastic insert.

Vroom2
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Very clean install - well done!

Take care,
Jerry

Add your comment to this topic!