Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Setups that can make a GSR run 400-450 hp at the wheels

XaznPKdogX83
01-03-2002, 05:24 PM
I have a 98 GSR and was wondering if anyone knows how I can put this bad boy in the 300 and up hp at the wheels range. Go all out if you want, money is not a problem, if I put this over time. I don't want to lessen the weights by removing seats and so forth. Thanks.

integr8
01-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Thats gonna be extensive. The few streetable tegs Ive seen that high are REALLY built. Basically your gonna want to rebuild the bottom end to support huge amounts of booste (15-20psi). Thats low compression pistons, rods, maybe even balance the crank. (Mind you, an LS engine would work better for this so if moneys no object you might want to drop a B16b in there and start with that but its do-able with a GSR.) Then a turbo thatll give you the 15-20 psi of boost with all the extras. Youd probably need to massage the fuel delivery system pretty well and defintely look into a good engine managment system to handle all this. Then theres the usual little stuff like throttle body, intake manifold, ignition system...youll need all of it. You could probably even top it all off with nitrous. Its gonna be alot of work and you should have somebody whos pretty experienced build it for you....hope you have a really good tuner in your area. On the plus side, your stock trannie should actually be able to handle that much power so theres one thing you shouldnt have to mess with.

pvang31019
01-08-2002, 02:10 AM
go here and consider this.....all done already, all you need is a turbo kit

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t14322.html

Add your comment to this topic!