Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Creativity Wanted..

60hz163.5db
02-26-2004, 11:13 PM
I work in an audio shop and we are burnt on this guys truck every year he get's something different. And i'm not talkin a prefab and 2 12's. We just removed all off the equipment and interior for it to get wrapped. We took out 2 13.5 w7's with 2 us 2000's with a us tube amp on dynaudio 7" comps. I think the dyns are staying but he wants more bass? Well i'm pushing for atleast 1 more w7 and ofcourse another 2000 it's gotta match. The space is pretty decent it's the cargo area of a 97 Suburban it's the type with split barn doors in the back. I'm looking for someone to design please no word descriptions drawings only. You can email it to me directly at Travis_thiel@hotmail.com. I have a couple of ideas but nothing unique enough. Anything deemed worth the effort will be built infront of your eyes fiberglass, motorization the works. There is prolly about 9 c3 ft. of space available have at it...

tibby01
02-26-2004, 11:24 PM
take a picture of the space and post it so that people can work with it in photoshop.

60hz163.5db
02-27-2004, 02:05 AM
It should be back from upholstery in about a week i will do just that...

Phat_Jax
02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Well for one thing, if he's looking for bass then you should ditch the w7's...great for purist bass and SQ...but they just don't seem loud to your everyday joe because of the absolute lack of distortion.
The only thing they have going for a non SQ-competitor is that they shake the begeesus out of everything in sight...

Note, that I think they are a great sub for what they were meant for: SQ competition...(which is what I love) ;)

If he likes the clean sound though and he's a JL-head, and I'm guessing from the sub-choice he's a deep-bass freak...I would try slipping him into 3 or 4 13w6v2's. Still smooth as hell but they "appear" to be a lot louder because of the higher distortion level. Plus you won't need Las Vegas' generator to power them. :)

Whatever you do, port them and port them low...
And they like small-box enclosures with large ports...

Hit me up when you get those pics, I'd be glad to help you out!

-------------------------------
Pete
Member of Memphis' Team Force

tsugsr
03-01-2004, 10:40 AM
some people have more money then common sense lol, if 2 W7's aint enough for him he aint ever gonna be satisfyed, good luck with the install though.

B1SiR6A
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
LoL...my sentiments exactly tsugsr

PaulD
03-01-2004, 09:22 PM
just how much bass is this dude looking for ?

Add your comment to this topic!