Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Accord Transmission /clutch

xmastanax
02-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey guys if any of you had this problem or know about it please let me know.
It's hard to get it in the 1st gear sometimes, you have to release the clutch and press it again for the 1st gear to go in. Getting into second gear is not smooth it's like you keep on pressing it down but it will go when the time is right. in other words if i try to get in the 2nd gear without waiting it to go in, it makes a noise(kind of noise when u try to get in gear without pressing clutch). I have changed the clutch recently thinking it might be that. but still the same problem.

any body out there Please help.

thanks
Accord Lover
99 4dr 4cyl 5spd

bensaccord
02-27-2004, 01:49 AM
I have the same problem occasionaly with my 99 accord. All I do is put the car in reverse, then back into first and it works fine. Don't know why it does this, but is preety anoying. At least it doesn't happen all the time.

Hondaman56
02-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Only two things I know if that can cause those symptoms. Bad or misadjusted clutch, or bad syncro's.

LX-biker
02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=xmastanax]Hey guys if any of you had this problem or know about it please let me know.
It's hard to get it in the 1st gear sometimes, you have to release the clutch and press it again for the 1st gear to go in.
Hi man,
I have same with 1st and reverse with mine Acord 98. Some times when pick up from traffic light stop I can't even shift into 1st from neutral!!!
That pest me off and I hear beeps from behind... It suck...
The most problem if car moving 3-5 km/h and I try shift into first. After several tryes I shifting into 2-nd and speed up with sleeping clutch.

Getting into second gear is not smooth it's like you keep on pressing it down but it will go when the time is right.

Have no problems with second any time.
I ask few mechanics and got aproximately the same: No sinchro for the first gear and if engine on indle and car running the difference in speed between engine and gearbox so big those can't synchronize...
But I has read manual and honda have synchro on all 5 speed and no for revers, but newer models like RSX-X 6sp and Accord V6 6sp have synchro even for the revers!
In addition 6 gen of Acccords have no adjustment for manual shifter links and i have no idea what to do with all that shit. :banghead:

So I driving my Accord how I can my best :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!